Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
A truly fantastic life experience that months later still brings me joy to reflect on.

A truly fantastic life experience. Stunning beauty, majesty, adrenaline pumping excitement... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jono R
An awesome experience

A brilliant 8 days in on a truly remote and wild river. Exciting, arduous and hilarious, with a... read more

Reviewed 10 April 2024
Jane B

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Hobart
from AU$260.00
from AU$275.00
from AU$320.00
from AU$175.00
More Info
All reviews an adventure true wilderness day trip private group remote wilderness an incredible experience bucket list capable hands dietary requirements scallops fantastic trip lamb these guys klaudia rapids rafts paddle
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2022

This was all I expected and more! Nick Emily and Brett are highly skilled people in many ways but most importantly they know their rafting "stuff". It could go "sooo" wrong, but they have safety as a high priority. Scenery and excitement are awesome. It was physically demanding. You need to be fit,and be prepared to "rough it".

The meals and snacks were amazing considering the primitive cooking conditions.

Brett and his team have this trip fine- tuned. Well worth the money and will be remembered for many years.
John Inverloch November 2022

Date of experience: November 2022
Reviewed 14 November 2022 via mobile

I’ve traveled the world and been amazed at Mother Natures landscapes: deserts, sand dunes, mountains, rivers systems and the ocean. But thanks to COVID it has made me explore more of my home state and places that have been on my list in Australia. The opportunity to raft the Franklin River is just one of those. After doing the 7 day trip with a great team from Water by Nature Tasmania, The Franklin River has left a scratch on my heart that can never be removed.

Our Rafting Guides (Klaudia, Jed & Dan) were amazing. These guys are a great professional outfit, everything from the day we signed up to the trip, river safety throughout and being as one with nature was exceptional. They worked tirelessly to make sure we were safe, feed (oh yer, you will never starve or be short of tasty food for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And then there is a bucket of snack to get through too) and gave us time to appreciate a place they love.

This is a special place in Australia and to think we could have lost it if not for a group of people in 1978 who believed this corner of Tasmania was worth saving. It is and must stay this way for generations to come. When you experience this trip you will understand.

Big thanks to Dan, who’s raft we were on. It took awhile for four below average paddlers to get it right. But we got there with your leadership and polite words ‘ Forward Paddle Please’.

I could keep going on, but sign up and do this trip to find out more.

If there is one company to go down the Franklin River, it’s Water By Nature Tasmania.

Thanks to the team and thanks to our group of 10 want to be rafter. So much fun and great memories.

Date of experience: November 2022
Reviewed 23 October 2022

I had a private group of 11 of us on a week long adventure down the Franklin. The guides were professional and very capable. We managed a great balance of excitement while still feeling safe. The food was great and all of the logistics and communication was managed well. Thanks heaps!

Date of experience: October 2022
1  Thank willcowan
Reviewed 13 April 2022

Hey Brett, I want to publicly thank you and your team for the fantastic trip down the Franklin. Your vast experience on the river came to the fore, your incredible culinary skills shone through, the effort you made to make our trip rewarding was utterly inspiring. My experience in that amazing wilderness will be long remembered. Many thanks. Col

Date of experience: April 2022
Reviewed 8 April 2022

I had an opportunity to spend time with my daughter after 2 years of lockdown . Being a proud Tasmanian by birth and remembering the hydro ' No Dam ' stand-off when I was in high school. This Franklin raft trip captured me on so many levels. I struggle to share or capture what it's all about with words as they mean so little when you experience such beauty. At times I felt like myself and my beautiful daughter were so insignificant against the backdrop of this ancient area.
Its something only rafters will understand. Book this trip with this company . This was a true privilege

Date of experience: March 2022