Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
An awesome experience

A brilliant 8 days in on a truly remote and wild river. Exciting, arduous and hilarious, with a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jane B
Fantastic wilderness river

Had a really great trip down the river with Water By Nature. It is an amazing wilderness river and... read more

Reviewed 16 February 2024
Peter K

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Hobart
from AU$260.00
from AU$275.00
from AU$320.00
from AU$175.00
More Info
All reviews an adventure true wilderness day trip private group remote wilderness an incredible experience bucket list capable hands dietary requirements scallops fantastic trip lamb these guys klaudia rapids rafts paddle
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2022

I had an opportunity to spend time with my daughter after 2 years of lockdown . Being a proud Tasmanian by birth and remembering the hydro ' No Dam ' stand-off when I was in high school. This Franklin raft trip captured me on so many levels. I struggle to share or capture what it's all about with words as they mean so little when you experience such beauty. At times I felt like myself and my beautiful daughter were so insignificant against the backdrop of this ancient area.
Its something only rafters will understand. Book this trip with this company . This was a true privilege

Date of experience: March 2022
Reviewed 5 April 2022

Fantastic experience all round. Logistics and trip planning was very well organized by Klaudia and Brett and everything ran smoothly from top to bottom of the river. Catering was super tasty and lots of calories for hungry rafting mob!!! The nature experience was pristine and the depth of knowledge shared by the guides about the political, cultural and natural history of the Franklin river really added to the overall experience.
thanks for an amazing week

Date of experience: April 2022
Reviewed 23 March 2022

A couple of mates and I rafted the Franklin as teenagers in the early eighties. 40 years on we decided the time was right to journey the river again. This time, sensibly we ditched the rubber ducky’s and our self organised expedition and joined a guided tour.
The river was very much under threat all those years ago and we are grateful the wilderness was saved by the hard work and sacrifice of the many protestors and activists. The remoteness, beauty and majesty remain in tact.
We set off with water considerably lower than we remembered and soon realised this meant extreme physical exertion in pulling, lifting and reefing the larger rafts over the many rocks and obstacles.
The three guides on the trip (the first all women guided tour for Water by Nature on the Franklin I believe) were incredible, cannot fault them and I feel privileged to be part of that milestone. The food was amazing and if anything, we at times were made to feel guilty for not eating enough.
The toilet arrangements may have changed but the upside is you can drink the water straight out of the river, what a joy.
We did miss the campfire of a night, but this was a small price to pay for a true wilderness experience.
It was comforting to know amongst our crew we had a Doctor, an esteemed Surgeon and a Vet (in case any of us needed to be put down).
We did however struggle on our trip with a member of the party who unfortunately was ill prepared and unsuited for the physicality of it all, they were a burden to most other paying customers. It must be stressed, a level of fitness, flexibility and shore footedness is essential.

Date of experience: March 2022
Reviewed 24 February 2022

Turns out I really like rafting and rapids. I was so well looked after that even though I was a real nervous Nelly, by the end I was asking for more rapids. The scenery is wonderful and being in that remote setting for 10 days is such a special experience, I can't recommend it enough. I won't go into details of all the special bits and pieces, you can find that out for yourself.

The food is great too. Brett turned out a three course meal that most people couldn't manage in a fully equipped kitchen, catering for a range of preferences at the same time.

Like all things that are worth doing it is tough but the rewards are equal to it and you will be well looked after and guided along the way. Just book it, you won't regret it.

Date of experience: January 2022
Reviewed 22 February 2022

An absolutely epic rafting trip down the Franklin River....what an adventure!!!
The Tasmanian wilderness was sensational! Brett's knowledge of the River was amazing as was his cooking - garlic prawns, a Mexican fiesta and butterflied lamb were a few stand out meals. Issey and Andy were also ripper guides - fun and always sharing their rafting knowledge with enthusiasm.
At times a physically and emotionally challenging 7 day trip - but one I'll remember for a lifetime. Definitely bucket list stuff. Just do it!!

Date of experience: January 2022