Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
A truly fantastic life experience that months later still brings me joy to reflect on.

A truly fantastic life experience. Stunning beauty, majesty, adrenaline pumping excitement... read more

Reviewed 1 May 2024
Jono R
An awesome experience

A brilliant 8 days in on a truly remote and wild river. Exciting, arduous and hilarious, with a... read more

Reviewed 10 April 2024
Jane B

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Hobart
All reviews an adventure true wilderness day trip private group remote wilderness an incredible experience bucket list capable hands dietary requirements scallops fantastic trip lamb these guys klaudia rapids rafts paddle
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2020

We have just returned from a 7 day rafting trip and we have memories that will last forever. It was every bit as good as all the reviews suggest - definitely not for the faint hearted as it was strenuous and hard work at times but a truly special adventure. Our guides, Robin, Ester and Mark were outstanding in every way. If you are thinking about it - just do it!

Date of experience: December 2020
2  Thank 1237cat
Reviewed 14 December 2020

I just got back from a 7-day trip down the Franklin with Water by Nature. The short summary - it was AMAZING!!! The guides were super experienced and friendly, the rafting is just the BEST (We were lucky in that it had just rained a lot, making some of the rapids even more exciting), and the food....well...I didn't loose any weight (I don't eat this fancy living in town surrounded by good restaurants)! If you like rafting, or just being in remote wilderness, then you should definitely do this trip - you definitely
won't regret it!!

Date of experience: December 2020
1  Thank AndreasK1270
Reviewed 27 June 2020

We had an unforgettable week on the Franklin with wise and friendly guides who not only knew the river inside out, but also served up an absolute feast at every meal. The gear provided (wetsuits etc) kept us warm, dry and comfortable. 100% recommend.

Date of experience: March 2020
1  Thank emmaegodden
Reviewed 6 June 2020

This was an experience I'd been looking forward to for many years. It lived up to all expectations. The environment and its river is incomparable. Every time you pass through it (and for most of us it is once in a lifetime) it is a privilege. Action. Serenity. Physical demands. Fun! And in the hands of the Water by Nature crew, you know your tummy will be satisfied, you will learn loads and your safety will be number one. I went there to do a story for Wild magazine, and left deeply impressed. The guides were Amazonian women, all with a wicked sense of humour. In a family group, all the teenagers were specially cared for (and proved useful as youthful workhorses #smartthinking). Yes, I would do it again with WBN.

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Craig P
Reviewed 2 June 2020

I have now rafted the Franklin twice with Water by Nature - and I would do it again in a heart beat.
The first time, in 2017, was a large private group of family members. We spent 7 days on the river with Klaudia, Adrian and Blake. I was the youngest member on the water (apart from the guides) by about 50 years, so it is true that pretty much everyone can do it. Floating down stretches of beautiful gorges, dense rainforest, a fair share of small, medium and terrifyingly large rapids (don't worry, you walk around the really really big ones), witnessing some of the most beautiful Australian landscape I have ever seen. The guides are all a wealth of knowledge about the ecosystem and the river's remarkable history, including the famous Franklin dam campaign.
Camping by the river at night is peaceful and beautiful. Klaudia and team cook the most delicious meals each day, and breakfast, lunch, snack and aperitifs do not get sacrificed either. It's incredible how many goodies they can squeeze onto the rafts.
My second time on the river in 2019, with guides Klaudia, Jed and Scotty, was equally as memorable as the first - my mum and I joined a group of people on the river we didn't know to start with, but had formed solid friendships with by the end of the trip.
If you are thinking about the Franklin - go! You will not regret it. Both trips are the most fantastic things I have ever done. You will not see more spectacular scenery or have more fun in one week. It's the trip of a lifetime.

Date of experience: November 2019