Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
A journey through paradise

I took the 8-day full Franklin River rafting trip 22-28 Dec 2020. The guides who went with us were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
kigrant
Canberra, Australia
Fantastic Week on the River

We have just returned from a 7 day rafting trip and we have memories that will last forever. It was... read more

Reviewed 21 December 2020
1237cat
UK

Recommended experiences in and around Hobart
from USD 116.90
from USD 153.24
from USD 212.18
from USD 113.95
More Info
All reviews day adventure franklin river rafting epic adventure equipment provided trip leader rock scrambling glow worms high water sleeping bags wild place bucket list experience deep knowledge temperate rainforest incredible knowledge world heritage listed memorable trip once in a lifetime
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2019

As two early 60 year olds we knew we should fulfill this dream of seeing/rafting the Franklin before we got any older! We have just completed a wonderful 7 day trip with Klaudia, Scotty and Jed along with 6 other wonderful travellers aging from 20 upward! Our reasonable level of fitness got us through the rock scrambling carrying our bags at portages, and the paddling . We are used to sleeping in tents but have never been cave dwellers... .What a truly surreal experience. The food was amazing and plentiful. We felt safe at all times even through the white water! The guides also have a deep knowledge of the river and rainforest as well as the very interesting history of the Franklin including flora and fauna. Put this trip on your list ..adventure holiday.

Reviewed 10 November 2019

One of the best times I've ever had. Amazing food, scenery, people and guides. Even got to solo some rapids in their inflatable kayak. They're so welcoming and willing to give you a go at everything. 10/10 would do again.

Reviewed 7 November 2019

Some mates and I spent five amazing nights and days in the company of Brett, his guides and the amazing Franklin River. Words don't adequately describe the high I'll stay on from this trip, so I'm sharing some of my experiences and feelings.

From well before the trip commenced we were provided with appropriate, timely and detailed information without being overwhelmed.

From start to the finish of the actual trip we were provided with camaraderie, friendship, enthusiasm, wisdom, guidance, thrills and calm.

The whitewater rafting is simply thrilling. Wonderfully happily thrilling. Well beyond the high side of good.

The flatwater rafting is relaxing and a superb way to drink in the endless postcard views that are in front of your eyes every part of the journey, and there are amazing side journeys that see you going up little gullies and into caves that welcome you into wonderlands better than the best doco on the best high definition TV.

The weather isn't as harsh as our imaginations and social media lead us to expect, that or our clothing requirements were so spot on that after the first day I didn't notice the cold, and on the last day we were all paddling in just our rashies.

The food was amazing, macadamia ice cream on the first(!), quail on the third(!!), pecan pie while paddling on the fourth(!!!) and something for everyone at each meal and snack in between, all of this provided by our guides while we slept in in the morning and while speaking animatedly about it with each other after each day's adventures.

I camped and slept in places I would never expect to, and it's re-written how I'm going camping with my young fella from now on, simple is so much more rewarding, but if you want a tent you can have a tent, or you can have the delight of sleeping under the stars, (no mossies or flies!) and the views that presents as you drift happily off to sleep.

My body got a workout that is longer lasting and way better for me than any gym session, not that I'd call it exhausting, I'd say the moderately/average fit person will sleep well at night from the level of exertion. Here I am half a week later feeling great.

The guides quickly become friends and confidants. Like all of us, we all have mildly different personalities, and that makes it easier for bonding, and they all share an absolute love of adventure sports, nature, and sharing the two in as safe a way as possible.

Brett and all involved, thanks from the bottom of my heart, I will definitely be traveling with you again in my foreseeable future.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 4 November 2019

You can't beat white water rafting down raging, majestic & scenic rivers with your mates, no mobile phone or a fixed timetable, and with this sensory connection to nature unexplainable in words.

The guides love the river, its pristine & rugged beauty, but respect its power & audacity. They'll feed you some damn fine food, share the secrets & wonders of this magical place, & get you home safe. They have mad skills!!!

This is an adventure right on the edge....of well....LIFE. Don't blink, you'll miss it.

1  Thank Alex O
Reviewed 3 November 2019

Massive shout outs to the Water By Nature crew for making our Franklin River experience the adventure trip of a lifetime. If you're after a touch of remote, a splash of unique and an unrivalled world of wild beauty - get onboard with Brett and his legendary raft guides for a SW Tassie tour you'll never forget.
Incomparable. Off the charts. The High Side of Truly Epic.

1  Thank cjcarsy