Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The title says it all. Do not stay here. We only saw the workers when we checked in and didn't see them at all again. We were the only people staying at the hotel and it was all locked up. The pub didn't open once while we were there even though it was meant to open and the bar on the other side was only open for one day for like 4 hours and then it was shut again. The phone kept ringing non stop especially at night time and it was just ringing constantly no one hanged up on it it was just a ringing noise over and over again and then it was still going in the morning. Also the shower was annoying you turn it on it will be hot then it will be cold then it will be hold and then cold etc so you had to stand in a certain position for it to stay warm. Every night at the same time you heard people walking up the stairs and then you hear this door shut and then every morning you hear them leave again but the thing was nobody was there cause we went to see if anyone was actually but nope which was really creepy and odd. Also we had to help ourselves with new towels and stuff which that door was open and some of the other unit s were left open and there was this one door with a massive desk in front of it which was odd and no one was there of course when we checked out. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. And felt like it was haunted ! Creepy as.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 26 January 2013

As per Touringfiddler the hotel was locked and we had to wait although only five minutes.
We did get a refund.
The room that was reserved for me was supposed to be an 'En-Suite'. It was in a sense. The bath WC was in the bedroom screened off by a very old fashioned three section wooden screen the type you see in cowboy pictures.

Room tip: There is no good rooms
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank auldyin65
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We arrived and the hotel was locked. We called the owner and waited 15 minutes for him to come by and open it. I had booked a twin room, meaning two beds, with a spa. The spa was in a the room. No walls, no shower curtain. The toilet was in the room. No walls, just a small screen. The toilet was four feet from the bed. The one double bed in the room, which I had thought would be two. As my colleague and I didn't think there was enough room to share, I called the owner later that night and asked for a mattress. No answer, no call back. There was nobody in the hotel. No desk, nobody on hand to help guests who were paying $160 per night! The store room door was open, with mess, clothing and cutlery strewn everywhere. We found a mattress in the storeroom and had to rummage through the mess to find a spare blanket.
I had mistakenly booked another night and had requested a refund with the owner a week before the mistakenly booked date, and he assured me it would be "sorted when I got there." No mention. The day after our stay, I called and asked about the refund. Their "accountant" was on "holiday." Three weeks later, I call the owner, who is now in New Zealand and can't help me with a refund. He gives me a number if his accountant. The number is engaged for 24 hours. The hotel rings and rings. No refund. Silly me.
Don't stay there- it's awful, and run by a liar.

Date of stay: November 2012
6  Thank Touringfiddler
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My family did not stay here, but had a meal before a show at the Theatre Royal. Firstly the meal was very ordinary and very over priced. The Asian Platter was all processed food out of a packet and cost $25. Secondly the waitress while pleasant enough had long flowing hair, which looked lovely but should not be hanging in your food when being served.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank SmugglersRestDoverTa
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here over a weekend from Launceston. All accommodattion in Hobart was booked out due to the cricket, clear to see why accommodation was still available at this facility. Over priced, but didnt realise this until we actually got into our room. $125 a night, no television, no ensuite, no fans or air con, and a fridge on the carpet in the middle of the room, tidy but not clean and traffic could be heard from our room 24/7, we had a kettle, weetbix (no milk), coffee/tea (no mugs). The communual bathroom facilities consisted of one shared shower, and one shared toilet for the women, mens facilities were extremely hard to find (no-one told us anything) patrons had to walk through the hotels laundry (i think) to get to them, and both showers had products of the previous guests sprawled throughout them (old shavers,shampoo,deodrant,bits of soap) not exactly clean. I was forced to re-stock the toilet rolls with the toilet paper that had been sat next to our tea/coffee making facilities in our room. When we woke up the first morning the guests staying next to us were leaving (left the door open, bed un-made and key in the door) it remained in this state for the rest of our stay. Staff were never seen upstairs(where rooms were located). All in all a shocking waste of money, the only positive was the central location.

Room tip: don't stay here.
Date of stay: February 2012