The Lounge by Frogmore Creek - Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 676 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: USD 10 - USD 19
Description: BAR - Daily 11.30 am till late - Bar menu, Wine, Cocktails, Live music - walk ins welcome RESTAURANT - 7 Nights 5.30pm -9.30pm - A la carte menu, bookings recommended
Reviewed 11 October 2018

With all the hype i have read about the lounge,i was left a little disappointed. only a very basic tapas style menu, not much variety.good service though.
but still a little disappointment as we left.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

If you are in Hobart try not to miss an opportunity to have a drink and a meal at Frogmores Bar and Restaurant. The food was excellent and right up with some of the best in an area that had a lot of very good restaurants. The atmosphere was so comfortable and relaxed and our host Erin was just absolutely one of the most capable young women and mother we have met with with such a wonderful personality.
Erin took so much trouble to make sure we had everything just right. The restaurant is conveniently located in the stunning Macq 01 hotel on the water with amazing views of the harbour. Loved it.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at the lounge from start to finish it was amazing the food was outstanding the wine as well not to mention the cocktails but also have to mention the staff could not have looked after us any better especially zac also erin and cathy all in all 10/10

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I went out for our monthly datenight, it was a weekday and although t was not fully booked, still a good number of people. Some brought kids and they were well behaved. Food was amazing and such a good price. Flavours were unique and we finished everything on our plate. Desserts were decadent, artistic and honestly one of the best desserts I’ve had in a while. Service was attentive although one lady could have smiled a bit more. I know it sound crazy but I really appreciated their cutlery and glassware. Great weight, they looked elegant and just gave the experience a Cherry on the top. After dinner, I didn’t want to leave so we ended up having more drinks at the lounge and it was so comfy and the bartender made me a lovely drink from tequila that wasn’t on the menu but he went with what I like. Really appreciated it and damn it was good. Will definitely come back again. I also appreciated the stainless steel straws and use of towels in the bathroom. War on waste!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

It was Sunday night 8pm as we didn't plan when to have dinner we decided to take a walk around. We walked into the restaurant and was advised that it is booked out. I could see through the glassdoor behind the waitstaff that there were quite a few empty tables there. To give the benefit of doubt, we decided to have dinner in the bar area. A while later, I went through the glass door to the restaurant section to use the toilets. There were more than 10 tables empty there (including the same ones I saw empty earlier on). I wondered why it was "booked out" even though there were clearly lots of empty tables around. It would be very coincidental to have 10+ cancellations this late in the evening for dinner. We initially planned on having dessert there, but was really put off by this attitude, so we ended up leaving after the main course. When we left, we could still see lots of empty tables there. It seems they don't like guests who hasn't called up to book, to dine in the restaurant area. It's a pity as they would otherwise do a good business if they don't have attitudes like this. Overall, not a very good impression....and definitely won't be back.