Lowest prices for your stay
ibis Styles
AU$145
ZenHotels.com
AU$140
PUMBRIDGE
London, United Kingdom

Smart, clean and modern

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Feb 2024
Smart, new hotel, well positioned on the edge of Hobart city centre and close to an excellent selection of small and varied little restaurants.
Clean rooms, good views, although the communal areas - including lobby - are strangely soulless.
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor. Good for views
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Susanty Daale-Setiady, Other at Ibis Styles Hobart, responded to this review
Responded 25 Feb 2024
Dear Pumbridge,

Thank you for your thoughtful and kind review. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities clean, modern as well as the convenient location and the selection of nearby restaurants.

We also take note of your comments regarding our communal areas and are exploring ways to infuse them with more character and warmth in the future. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hobart.

AU$209
  • Priceline
    AU$137
2.1 km from Ibis Styles Hobart
View more hotels in Hobart
All reviews great pool on site parking bed was comfortable easy walk stayed nights central location gym salamanca market cbd harbour wharf
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2024 via mobile

A great location, minutes away from the wharf and Salamanca markets/ restaurants. Easy check in and out. We pass d $17/ day for car-parking around the corner. Also around the corner were great restaurants and cafes and wine bars. Opposite the hotel is a beautiful park where we ate our take away for one of our nights there. On site is a restaurant that caters for breakfast lunch and dinner. The other bonus we appreciated was the lap pool and sauna. We went at 4pm and were the inly ones in the pool for an hour. There is also a gym available. Our room had all that we needed. We recommend this hotel if staying in Hobart.

Room tip: Book car parking with accommodation so you can get a car parking space right next door to the hotel snd not around the corner.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Susanty Daale-Setiady, Other at Ibis Styles Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2024

Dear Stefof,

Thank you immensely for taking the time to share such a positive experience at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful time. Your kind words make a significant impact on our team, who are dedicated to providing a high standard of service. We can't wait to share your review with the entire team and welcome you back to ibis Styles Hobart in the near future.

Reviewed 9 February 2024 via mobile

This hotel gave us a very comfy room, with good bedding and facilities. The breakfast on offer each day was terrific & it's a pity this same on-site restaurant didn't offer a non-asian menu. We tried it one night but found it too spicy. Hence, we had quite a walk each night to find somewhere suitable for our evening meal. Would've been much easier to be able to find a more general menu at the on-site restaurant.

Room tip: Parking is available on-site. A room with a microwave would be preferable if available as hotels & restaurants are several blocks walk, if you don't have a car.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Susanty Daale-Setiady, Other at Ibis Styles Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2024

Dear Glenda R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind review. We are thrilled to hear that you found the accommodation comfortable and our facilities to your liking. Your positive remarks are a great source of encouragement for our team here at ibis, who strive to create memorable experiences for our guests.

We also appreciate your valuable feedback regarding our on-site restaurant's menu. Please accept our apologies if the options did not fully meet your expectations. While we do offer some non-spicy dishes, your comments have highlighted an area for improvement. Rest assured, we will certainly consider your suggestions as we regularly update and enhance our menu offerings.

Reviewed 5 February 2024

Located, approximately 5mins from the centre of Hobart, on the upper end of Macquarie Street, is the relatively new Ibis Styles (opened in 2017). Part of the Accor chain, so if you are a frequent traveller, it is worth signing up as a member to receive discounted room rates.

The hotel is modern and well maintained - typical of Ibis hotel standards, from my experiences. Using their online booking/check-in made our registration smooth and seamless. As we were there for only a night, we went with a standard queen room. If you want a view, then you need to book a superior room. Check-out was just as easy. Staff were very efficient and helpful.

The room was relatively small, but it was clean, modern and met all our needs - fast WiFi, USB outlets, blackout curtains, room fridge, room safe, and decent sized bathroom.

The do have on-site parking at the basement of the hotel, however at $23/day, we found plenty of available safe on-street parking (free after 6pm and free on weekends).

If you are looking at a short stay base that is accessible, clean, modern and comfortable in Hobart, then the Ibis fits the bill.

Dear Dingo_dude,

We are truly grateful for your kind words and the time you took to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. It means a lot to us. Your recommendation is highly appreciated and serve as a wonderful testament to the efforts of our team.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, finding our hotel to be convenient and comfortable base during your time in Hobart. It is our hope that you also created some memorable moments in the city itself.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another excellent stay at ibis Styles Hobart.

Reviewed 1 February 2024

Stayed in a deluxe room on 9th floor which had a nice (although somewhat distant) water view. Room was fairly basic but very clean. Bed was OK but could have been better compared to other Ibis/Ibis Styles I have stayed. Location was fairly central with short walk to Salamanca. Plenty of street parking and if you can park between 6pm and 8am don't bother with pricey hotel parking. Restaurant offered nice menu based around a selection of Asian street food although again, quite pricey. Overall had a fairly comfortable stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Susanty Daale-Setiady, Other at Ibis Styles Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2024

Dear hamishf750,

We're very grateful for your valuable feedback and are glad that overall, you had a comfortable stay with us. It's wonderful to hear that you found our location convenient and our rooms clean. We appreciate your insights on parking and the bed, please know that we are taking your comments into consideration as we continuously seek to improve our guest experience.

Thank you for choosing ibis Styles Hobart. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back, ensuring an even more pleasant and satisfying visit.

Reviewed 10 January 2024

One of the worst hotel stays I've ever had, completely ruined my time in Tasmania. I booked a standard room for 8 days, which according to the website comes with a courtyard or city view. At check-in, I was assigned a room that had absolutely no view. When booking my stay for my Hobart, I was wagering between the Crowne Plaza and the Ibis and chose the Ibis as the room category guarantees a view (courtyard or city) & the Crowne didn't. I asked reception about this immediatly and stated that it is extremely important to me that the Ibis keeps their word on this one, as I have to do important video calls all day long which are horrible without any natural light. I was then told that unfortunately, they have no other room available for me, so I have to take this one. I would've never imagined an Accor group hotel lying on something within their booking process and have never experienced anything like this with a hotel of this standard before. All of this killed my mood and having to argue so much just to get what I booked was certainly not part of my plan for my trip to Tasmania. On day 6 of my 8 day stay, the manager approached me and told me that the category I booked states that rooms have no view. I showed her that this is not true and only after she saw that it literally says on their website and my booking confirmation that the room will have a courtyard view, she apologized profoundly and offered me an upgrade to a room with a view, which I declined as my checkout date was in a day and a half and this doesn't fix the week before that. I told her I was saying this from day one but nobody took me seriously until she checked that I was indeed right. I don't know if she purposly lied to me not knowing that it says the room will have a view or she didn't know, but since I booked with Ibis directly, I can't imagine the hotel manager not knowing this. She then offered me a free breakfast, which is an insulting attempt at compensating for a ruined stay, so I declined. After that, when she realized that these corporate manipulation tactics won't work, she said that my room is sold as a "city view room", to which I responded that she now changed her mind 3 times, from saying I booked a room without a view, to apologizing for their mistake, to now saying they kept their commitment. I then showed her the picture of the "city view" she referred to, the fact that this window is the only one I have & that other people can look into my room if I don't close the blinds. Not having any mental energy left to argue more with hotel management that seemingly doesn't care about a certain demographic and has no problems with lying, twisting arguments and contradicting themselves, I left this conversation and can recommend any person who doesn't want to spend their vacation having to argue for something you paid for to avoid this unethically run place.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Susanty Daale-Setiady, Other at Ibis Styles Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2024

Dear Rohit,

We are truly sorry to hear that your recent stay at the ibis Styles Hobart did not meet your expectations. It is our utmost priority to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable experience and it is clear that we fell short in this instance.

We appreciate that you chose our hotel and we regret that the view from our standard room did not meet your expectations. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration this has caused. Our team strives to be transparent about the different room types available to booked and we are saddened to learn that the options did not align with your expectations.

We acknowledge that despite our team's efforts to accommodate your needs, including compensation offers, we were unable to fully satisfy your requests. A reduction of more than 50% for your entire stay was carefully considered, but we had decided to adhere to our hotel policies, especially after the measure we attempted to rectify the situation.

We take your feedback seriously and we will use it to improve our services. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any additional concerns or to allow us another chance provide you with the high standard of hospitality we hold ourselves to.