Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Hamish F
Sydney Olympic Park, Australia

Overall OK however try avoid the paid parking

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Feb 2024
Stayed in a deluxe room on 9th floor which had a nice (although somewhat distant) water view. Room was fairly basic but very clean. Bed was OK but could have been better compared to other Ibis/Ibis Styles I have stayed. Location was fairly central with short walk to Salamanca. Plenty of street parking and if you can park between 6pm and 8am don't bother with pricey hotel parking. Restaurant offered nice menu based around a selection of Asian street food although again, quite pricey. Overall had a fairly comfortable stay.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Susanty Daale-Setiady, Other at Ibis Styles Hobart, responded to this review
Responded 2 Feb 2024
Dear hamishf750,

We're very grateful for your valuable feedback and are glad that overall, you had a comfortable stay with us. It's wonderful to hear that you found our location convenient and our rooms clean. We appreciate your insights on parking and the bed, please know that we are taking your comments into consideration as we continuously seek to improve our guest experience.

Thank you for choosing ibis Styles Hobart. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back, ensuring an even more pleasant and satisfying visit.

AU$209
0.5 km from Ibis Styles Hobart
    AU$146
2.1 km from Ibis Styles Hobart
View more hotels in Hobart
All reviews great pool on site parking bed was comfortable easy walk stayed nights central location gym salamanca market cbd harbour wharf
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2024

One of the worst hotel stays I've ever had, completely ruined my time in Tasmania. I booked a standard room for 8 days, which according to the website comes with a courtyard or city view. At check-in, I was assigned a room that had absolutely no view. When booking my stay for my Hobart, I was wagering between the Crowne Plaza and the Ibis and chose the Ibis as the room category guarantees a view (courtyard or city) & the Crowne didn't. I asked reception about this immediatly and stated that it is extremely important to me that the Ibis keeps their word on this one, as I have to do important video calls all day long which are horrible without any natural light. I was then told that unfortunately, they have no other room available for me, so I have to take this one. I would've never imagined an Accor group hotel lying on something within their booking process and have never experienced anything like this with a hotel of this standard before. All of this killed my mood and having to argue so much just to get what I booked was certainly not part of my plan for my trip to Tasmania. On day 6 of my 8 day stay, the manager approached me and told me that the category I booked states that rooms have no view. I showed her that this is not true and only after she saw that it literally says on their website and my booking confirmation that the room will have a courtyard view, she apologized profoundly and offered me an upgrade to a room with a view, which I declined as my checkout date was in a day and a half and this doesn't fix the week before that. I told her I was saying this from day one but nobody took me seriously until she checked that I was indeed right. I don't know if she purposly lied to me not knowing that it says the room will have a view or she didn't know, but since I booked with Ibis directly, I can't imagine the hotel manager not knowing this. She then offered me a free breakfast, which is an insulting attempt at compensating for a ruined stay, so I declined. After that, when she realized that these corporate manipulation tactics won't work, she said that my room is sold as a "city view room", to which I responded that she now changed her mind 3 times, from saying I booked a room without a view, to apologizing for their mistake, to now saying they kept their commitment. I then showed her the picture of the "city view" she referred to, the fact that this window is the only one I have & that other people can look into my room if I don't close the blinds. Not having any mental energy left to argue more with hotel management that seemingly doesn't care about a certain demographic and has no problems with lying, twisting arguments and contradicting themselves, I left this conversation and can recommend any person who doesn't want to spend their vacation having to argue for something you paid for to avoid this unethically run place.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Susanty Daale-Setiady, Other at Ibis Styles Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2024

Dear Rohit,

We are truly sorry to hear that your recent stay at the ibis Styles Hobart did not meet your expectations. It is our utmost priority to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable experience and it is clear that we fell short in this instance.

We appreciate that you chose our hotel and we regret that the view from our standard room did not meet your expectations. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration this has caused. Our team strives to be transparent about the different room types available to booked and we are saddened to learn that the options did not align with your expectations.

We acknowledge that despite our team's efforts to accommodate your needs, including compensation offers, we were unable to fully satisfy your requests. A reduction of more than 50% for your entire stay was carefully considered, but we had decided to adhere to our hotel policies, especially after the measure we attempted to rectify the situation.

We take your feedback seriously and we will use it to improve our services. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any additional concerns or to allow us another chance provide you with the high standard of hospitality we hold ourselves to.

Reviewed 14 December 2023 via mobile

New and modern Ibis hotel with convenient parking and buffet breakfast! Grateful for early check in! Special mention to Jhen from reception! Very kind and accommodating! Gave my son a welcome Christmas gift! Highly recommended!

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Susanty Daale-Setiady, Other at Ibis Styles Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2023

Dear deguzmankc,

Thank you for your wonderful review of ibis Styles Hobart. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our modern and convenient facilities, as well as the buffet breakfast. We are especially grateful for your kind words about Jhen from reception and our Christmas gift for your son. It is our pleasure to provide such attentive service and we are delighted that you felt comfortable with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we value your feedback!

Reviewed 8 December 2023

I was going to stay somewhere more expensive but decided to go to IBIS for 3 nights. Very convenient location just up the hill from the harbour. Pool was nice. Beds were very comfy. Staff were lovely. Very happy with the beds. I have a bad back and they were super comfortable. We got a lovely 9th floor view over the harbour. We only paid for a cheap twin room. The view was a bonus.

Room tip: Ask for a high floor as lower floors will not have a view
Date of stay: December 2023

Dear Belinda D,

Thank you for choosing ibis Styles Hobart for your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated the great value for money and location of our hotel. We are also pleased to hear that the pool was enjoyable and that you found the beds comfortable, especially with your back.

At ibis Styles Hobart, we strive to provide an enjoyable stay to each one of our guests. We hope to welcome you back in the future - until then, we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 5 December 2023

This is a modern, comfortable, well-located hotel at a reasonable price. The rooms aren’t huge but are well laid out for two people with a very comfortable bed. Blackout curtains help a quiet and dark sleep. The bathroom is spacious and clean. The buffet breakfast (included when members book direct) is fresh, generous and varied, and we also enjoyed a couple of easy dinners at the restaurant when we were tired. It’s all very clean with lots of hand sanitiser stations. The lifts are secure as they require a swipe card. There was some corridor noise from groups staying, but the rooms were mostly soundproof. The onsite laundry and basement parking were convenient for our longer stay. Recommended.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear possumJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences staying with us at ibis Styles Hobart. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be modern, comfortable and well-located. We appreciate your kind words about the bed, blackout curtains and spacious bathroom.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed breakfast and dinners in our restaurant as well as found the laundry and basement parking convenient. Here at ibis Styles Hobart, we strive to provide excellent service and amenities for a pleasant stay – we are so glad that you had a positive experience with us!

Again, thank you for your review. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Susanty Daale-Setaidy

Reviewed 29 November 2023

We spent one night here,while in Hobart,visiting family. The bed was very comfortable,andthe room nice and clean.We really liked the long heated indoor Pool,which was very pleasant.The Breakfast options were very good.
To avoid traffic noise from the main street,I´d recommend a room facing towards the other side.the Location is very conveninet,,with walking distance to Hobarts waterfront and cbd.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear koolkat91,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at ibis Styles Hobart. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and clean rooms, as well as the heated indoor pool. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the convenient location, walking distance to Hobarts waterfront and CBD.

At ibis Styles Hobart, we value our customers’ feedback and strive to provide a positive experience for all guests. As such, we welcome any suggestions that could help us improve our services in future.

Once again thank you for choosing ibis Styles Hobart and providing us with your valuable feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon!