Lowest prices for your stay
AU$320
Queensland, Australia
Best hotel in Tasmania
Review of MACq 01 Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 May 2021
Stayed here at this excellent hotel for four nights. Rooms are amongst the most spacious we've ever stayed in, especially the wardrobe area which had ample space for both our 'open out' suitcases. Lobby/Lounge area is well laid out the restaurant was also very good. One of the best breakfasts we've ever had in a hotel too.
We will definitely stay here next time we are in Hobart, which hpefully won't be too far away !
Date of stay: May 2021
Room Tip: Superior waterfront rooms are definitely the best!
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Matt Casey , General Manager at MACq 01 Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 9 June 2021
Dear Mel H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at MACq 01 Hotel and for taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to passing this on to our team.
Please reach out when you find yourself in Hobart again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Warm regards,
1.0 km from MACq 01 Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Hobart
3,060 results
All reviews story telling wharf restaurant story bar waterfront room great location hunter room tasmanian history amazing hotel valet parking rooms are spacious hobart waterfront mini bar mona ferry salamanca markets constitution dock henry jones storytelling
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

Best hotel I’ve stayed in
This hotel has everything, location, service, food, bar, people, ambiance and class
Not the cheapest but it’s what you expect, upon arrival we had complimentary champagne delivered as it was the wife’s 50th birthday.
Hotel is clean, decorated excellent and the view from the harbour rooms are the best around, this was our second time staying here and it won’t be out last!
The hotel restaurant is just as good, cannot fault it

Room tip: Books out quick, book well in advance
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank 689gavc
Matt Casey , General Manager at MACq 01 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Dear 689gavc,

I’m so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay with us to celebrate this special occasion and that you enjoyed some birthday champagne together! A special thank you for providing this amazing feedback on your experience, I will be sure to pass this along to the team.

Matt Casey,

Reviewed 24 May 2021

We recently stayed at Macq01 for 9 nights in the Premium Waterfront Suite. This suite was spectacular, all the luxuries you could ask for and modern decor. The view from our private terrace over the Hobart docklands and to the city was absolutely beautiful. We were so comfortable during our stay, I would not stay anywhere else on our return to Hobart. 5 star service and amenities. Thank you to the team at Macq01.

1  Thank Sarah R

Dear Sarah R,

Wow, thank you for providing this truly wonderful feedback. We aspire to provide our guests with a unique and memorable experience during their stay at MACq 01 and I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It will be my absolute pleasure to pass this feedback on to our team and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Great location - 10 mins walk to Salamanca. Lots of great restaurants and bars in the hotel or a very close walk. Valet parking included free of charge.

The Hunter St Rooms are very big for their lead in room type - no need to upgrade unless you really want water views.
I just wouldn’t recommend getting a room from 123-130ish as they are located above the large rubbish bins and the sound of lots of bottles and cans in the morning and night.

1  Thank megandowsett
Matt Casey, General Manager at MACq 01 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2021

megan, thank you for taking the time to post your review of MACq01 Hotel. You are correct that we are spoilt for choice when it comes to finding great places for eats and drinks, and Hobart is ideal to explore on foot.
I do apologise though that your peaceful relaxation was disrupted a little by noise, we will certainly endeavour to minimise this impact on future guests.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Wow what a beautiful hotel with welcoming and friendly staff. From the moment you walk in the door you feel at home. We stayed in a superior waterfront room. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom/ dressing area are incredible. Lying in bed looking out over the wharf and up to The Mountains is a nice way to wake up.
The staff are a huge part of what makes this hotel so special. Everyone we had contact with from the valet staff, reception, restaurant and cleaners were all happy and helpful.
A must stay if you are going to Hobart

Room tip: The rooms over the waterfront are worth it.
Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Paul, thank you very much for your wonderful review. Our whole team is delighted that your stay with us was memorable for all the right reasons, and we very much appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about MACq01. I hope we can welcome you back again sometime.

Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed 13 May 2021 via mobile

I made reservations through a travel agent to visit Macq1 and Saffire Freycinet - to visit the weekend of 8th May. I confirmed matters on the 17th March. On the 6th April I had reason to cancel. On or around the beginning of May as I had not received a confirmation of cancellation I decided to call the hotel. I was advised there was no reservation in my name, I called again to give a little bit more information, name of travel agent and again no reservation was in my name. On the 7th May I receive a courtesy email, looking forward to my visit, I immediately replied to hello@ and guestservices@ that I had cancelled and confirmed that the reservation had long been cancelled and in fact confirmed. Shortly after this email I see my card had been debited for the entire stay, not just day 1! I spent that morning calling and whilst I was hugely irritated by matters by lunch time I saw an email confirming a refund.

And I’m waiting almost a week later.

I send an email to reservations@ and with 2 days gone and no reply I call - to be told (by a very nice and well meaning lady) that the mailbox is very full and there is a backlog.

I can make a corporate refund in a heartbeat and it’s immediate - I can pay a bill personally with immediacy.

It’s not acceptable to not ensure a valid and approved customer transaction, especially where this is fault on behalf of the establishment, same day. To not acknowledge or call in regards to any delay is simply rude.

Meanwhile I continue to wait.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Matt Casey , General Manager at MACq 01 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2021

Dear loveaholiday101,

I am saddened to learn there have been multiple attempts on your behalf to cancel your reservation and that we have failed to do so in an easy manner for you and for the significant inconvenience this will have caused you. We have unfortunately been experiencing significant system issues which have affected our booking system and point of sales systems and we are still working through rectifying these. Can you please call our reservations team on 6210 7600 so we can resolve any outstanding issues of payment you may have.

I sincerely apologise you have had such a disappointing experience with us and I do hope we can one day deliver you a truly memorable experience should you be returning to Hobart.

With warm regards,