3 people are viewing this hotel
Adelaide, Australia

Great location and decor

Review of MACq 01 Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 May 2021via mobile
Great location - 10 mins walk to Salamanca. Lots of great restaurants and bars in the hotel or a very close walk. Valet parking included free of charge.

The Hunter St Rooms are very big for their lead in room type - no need to upgrade unless you really want water views.
I just wouldn’t recommend getting a room from 123-130ish as they are located above the large rubbish bins and the sound of lots of bottles and cans in the morning and night.
Matt Casey, General Manager at MACq 01 Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 15 May 2021
megan, thank you for taking the time to post your review of MACq01 Hotel. You are correct that we are spoilt for choice when it comes to finding great places for eats and drinks, and Hobart is ideal to explore on foot.
I do apologise though that your peaceful relaxation was disrupted a little by noise, we will certainly endeavour to minimise this impact on future guests.

Best wishes,
    AU$151
2.2 km from MACq 01 Hotel
View more hotels in Hobart
3,075 results
All reviews story telling wharf restaurant story bar waterfront room great location hunter room tasmanian history amazing hotel valet parking rooms are spacious hobart waterfront mini bar mona ferry salamanca markets constitution dock henry jones storytelling
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Wow what a beautiful hotel with welcoming and friendly staff. From the moment you walk in the door you feel at home. We stayed in a superior waterfront room. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom/ dressing area are incredible. Lying in bed looking out over the wharf and up to The Mountains is a nice way to wake up.
The staff are a huge part of what makes this hotel so special. Everyone we had contact with from the valet staff, reception, restaurant and cleaners were all happy and helpful.
A must stay if you are going to Hobart

Room tip: The rooms over the waterfront are worth it.
Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matt Casey, General Manager at MACq 01 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2021

Paul, thank you very much for your wonderful review. Our whole team is delighted that your stay with us was memorable for all the right reasons, and we very much appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about MACq01. I hope we can welcome you back again sometime.

Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed 13 May 2021 via mobile

I made reservations through a travel agent to visit Macq1 and Saffire Freycinet - to visit the weekend of 8th May. I confirmed matters on the 17th March. On the 6th April I had reason to cancel. On or around the beginning of May as I had not received a confirmation of cancellation I decided to call the hotel. I was advised there was no reservation in my name, I called again to give a little bit more information, name of travel agent and again no reservation was in my name. On the 7th May I receive a courtesy email, looking forward to my visit, I immediately replied to hello@ and guestservices@ that I had cancelled and confirmed that the reservation had long been cancelled and in fact confirmed. Shortly after this email I see my card had been debited for the entire stay, not just day 1! I spent that morning calling and whilst I was hugely irritated by matters by lunch time I saw an email confirming a refund.

And I’m waiting almost a week later.

I send an email to reservations@ and with 2 days gone and no reply I call - to be told (by a very nice and well meaning lady) that the mailbox is very full and there is a backlog.

I can make a corporate refund in a heartbeat and it’s immediate - I can pay a bill personally with immediacy.

It’s not acceptable to not ensure a valid and approved customer transaction, especially where this is fault on behalf of the establishment, same day. To not acknowledge or call in regards to any delay is simply rude.

Meanwhile I continue to wait.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Matt Casey , General Manager at MACq 01 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2021

Dear loveaholiday101,

I am saddened to learn there have been multiple attempts on your behalf to cancel your reservation and that we have failed to do so in an easy manner for you and for the significant inconvenience this will have caused you. We have unfortunately been experiencing significant system issues which have affected our booking system and point of sales systems and we are still working through rectifying these. Can you please call our reservations team on 6210 7600 so we can resolve any outstanding issues of payment you may have.

I sincerely apologise you have had such a disappointing experience with us and I do hope we can one day deliver you a truly memorable experience should you be returning to Hobart.

With warm regards,

MACq 01 Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2021

First time in Hobart and what a great place to stay.

Suite 101 was a great experience and we will be back soon.

Location is the best along with the staff and hospitality of the hotel.

Could not ask for more...10 out of 10.

Room tip: Suite 101 is the best room in the hotel worth every $
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank allenbassett

allenbassett, I am delighted that you enjoyed your first (hopefully of many) visits to Hobart and to MACq01 Hotel. Now you've tried and enjoyed the John Glover suite (101), there are another 113 characters and rooms to get acquainted with!
We appreciate your review and endorsement, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

Spent 4 nights to celebrate a very special occasion
Hotel facilities and location are great, but service average to poor.
Can’t charge any restaurant or bar charges to the room due to an “IT issue”
Breakfast order went missing due to an IT issue
Coffee is very poor, after 3 attempts to get a decent long black I gave up.
Don’t stay here until they sort out their issues, as you can’t charge the prices you do if you don’t back it up with 5 star service

1  Thank husbandsydneyblondie

Dear husbandsydneyblondie,

Thank you for choosing MACq 01 to celebrate your special occasion. I am pleased that you found the location and facilities at MACq 01 to be favourable, however I share your disappointment that we were unable to provide the flawless, five star service that you had hoped for and that we strive for.

Sadly you are correct, we have experienced significant system issues which has affected all of our hotel systems including our booking systems and point of sales which has subsequently resulted in changes to our usual operation. I sincerely apologise that your experience with us was negatively affected by this but can assure you we are working hard to rectify these issues.

Should you find an opportunity to return to Hobart, I would be delighted to welcome you back with a view to delivering you a truly special and memorable MACq 01 stay.

Warm regards,

MACq 01 Hotel

Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
Beautiful hotel, comfortable beds but very lacking elsewhere.
Staff in the lounge area need training in how to keep up. One shouldn’t have to wait 5 minutes for a menu after sitting then have to go over to the staff standing at the front in order to have someone take your order!
After dinner in the lounge we felt like a cognac in the spirit bar only to be invisible to the staff arguing over which table the sliders belonged to.
The coffee at breakfast is awful
Food just OK-
Come on Macq 01- train your staff on the basics of service and get a decent barista

1  Thank SydneyBlondie

SydneyBlondie, many congratulations on celebrating your 40th wedding anniversary, and thank you for choosing MACq01 as the place to celebrate. We want our guests to enjoy a little carefree indulgence, regardless of the occasion and as such share your disappointment that our service levels weren't quite perfect during your stay. Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable in helping us target training and support for our team in our ongoing quest for excellence.

I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Hobart and MACq01 again in future.
Warm regards,