“Incredibly spacious, modern and luxurious”
Review of Quarry Salamanca

and 1 more site!
Quarry Salamanca
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Hobart
Sydney, Australia
“Incredibly spacious, modern and luxurious”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Booked a room at Quarry online, the process was so simple and easy. Check-in was just as quick.

Didn't expect a lot, as the price was so reasonable - but we arrived to find a huge room with views onto Salamanca, completely self-contained with an amazing en-suite bathroom and all the mod cons.

The living space is so large that we invited several friends to join us for post-dinner drinks and there was plenty of room for everyone to sprawl out on the large leather sofas.

Double-glazed windows were a god-send as the rowdy Friday night crowd gives way to the Saturday morning market buzz.

Have tried booking a room here since and have been unable to due to the popularity!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EQuintin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We recently travelled to Hobart on the Queens b'day long weekend and due to the ash cloud ended up having to stay extra nights. Not happy with where we had been staying we tried The Quarry - and we'll be back. Fantastic location with Salamanca Place right on your doorstep (double glazed windows means you don't have the noise market of your bedroom) and a groovy little boutique hotel with fantastic rooms. A very funky bathroom where you could watch the television in the loungeroom from the comfort of steaming hot bath if you felt so inclined. And when it came to the bed - well there's a reason they advertise it on their website - it's like sleeping on a cloud. I have never slept so well in all my life. A great bar/restaurant down stairs with really friendly staff who were only to happy to help - I truly recommend The Quarry and would stay there next time I am in Hobart.

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking Salamanca Place
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2011

The staff were most helpful (the ones from the downstairs bar reception) and the location was terrific. I felt that the rooms, although they looked good, needed a good clean. Maybe some fresh air flow would help, also.

Very noisy, but that is not what annoyed me. It was the filthy windows, the stuffiness, no airconditioning, that disappointed me. I had already paid in advance, and I knew it would not be possible to get a refund so I stayed, otherwise I would have left.
Staff were lovely, though, but seemed to have no authority other than to show you to your room, etc.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank jeanette s

Travellers are raving about these Hobart hotels

Reviewed 19 January 2011

I do not normally write these types of reviews but I feel so terrible for what has been written by other guests...there are always two sides to a story and the poor hotel cannot rebut against any of these statements.
we had the best time, only booked two nights at the Quarry and then had booked somewhere else for the remainign night in Hobart. The Manager "Justin" went out of his way to make us feel welcome, he even personally drove our bags to our next hotel to save us the hassel as we wanted to wonder for a bit. Yes the it can be noisy of a night but what do you expect on Salamanca place? It is only two levels up not ten to twenty as with other hotels. The Quarry is a small hotel and you receive different service, far more personal which we loved. We will deffinately be back and some of our friends have already stayed and loved it also.
unfortunaltely you only generally hear negative feedback, which is AGAIN why I have done this myself. Please give them a go. trust me!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cbpepee
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Three words - noisy, unhelpful, noisy
Its a great location but too noisy to get any sleep. No thought has been given to the rooms, no internal vents or air con mean the windows have to be open in summer which means the noise from the bars below will keep you up. Just when you finally get some sleep the street sweepers will wake you up.

On our stay one window was broken and couldn't be opened, a problem that was just "too hard" for anyone to fix. Luxury is in the eye of the marketer only here!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple