“Best Italian food in Hobart”
Review of Paesano

Paesano
Ranked #52 of 679 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: USD 6 - USD 22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We went there around 5.pm, just after opening. It gets very busy latter in the day. We didn't mak a booking, but we were very lucky to get a table. One of the best Italian food in town.

Price - reasonable
Taste- "awesome"
Staff - very good

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank minmid
DiFoHobart, Owner at Paesano, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Came here after the receptionist at the place we were staying recommended it. We ordered pizza and pasta for takeaway. The pizza was great but I especially enjoyed the matriciana pasta. One of the best pizzas and pastas we've had in a long time.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We were recommended this restaurant by our accommodation and in previous Trip Advisor reviews.We were not disappointed, the service was brilliant, nothing was too much trouble and if you have any doubts why do SO MANY locals order their takeaways here. This place is full on because they serve great food

DiFoHobart, Owner at Paesano, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Glad you found us!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I think the staff here are really lovely and friendly and that the view from the upstairs dining area is wonderful in the evening! Unfortunately for me however, my meal was a let down tonight after being very excited to try Paesano's. I dined in with my family and ordered the cheese-free gourmet pizza on the menu, as a vegan I was very happy that there was a dairy free option available advertising pumpkin, sundried tomato etc. What arrived was a very burnt and for some reason flat and tough pizza which consisted of majority tomato paste, dried herbs and a scarce sprinkling of pumpkin and sundried tomatoes. I was very disappointed looking around the table seeing everyone elses thick doughy pizzas piled high with ingredients while mine looked like an overcooked microwave pizza from the supermarket. I love my food usually but I couldn't finish my meal because of how dry & burnt it was. Not worth the 25$ paid for it. It would be amazing to see a vegan option that really delivers and has delicious generous ingredients, a great soft pizza base and is just made with love as there are so many other places that have better options for dairy free/vegans craving pizzas! Still friendly service and an ambient environment I just wish my chosen meal was more enjoyable.

DiFoHobart, Owner at Paesano, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi Jaye.
From what I have read it seems that your pizza was over cooked. When there is no cheese and thus fewer toppings, the pizza requires less time than usual in the oven. It sounds like our staff got it wrong on this occasion and unfortunately served you a pizza that was not to our usual standard. This should not have been given to you. My sincere apologies that we underdelivered on our usual quality on this occassion. If you forward your details via email I will arrange a way to make it up to you. Our email is paesanopizzapasta@bigpond.com
Once again, my sincere apologies for letting you down.
Kind regards,
Di

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Have just finished a pizza called 'The lot'. I opted for a small one, and almost managed to eat it all. Fast service, fresh ingredients, good price and tasty to boot - what else con one say!

DiFoHobart, Owner at Paesano, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you and glad you enjoyed it Charlotte!