“Awesome adventure with Water By Nature”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Reviewed 22 December 2015

We were blessed with perfect conditions: weather and river level just right. Add to that, plentiful fresh food, unique scenery and wild treasures unlike any elsewhere in Tassie (thank you, thank you to those who helped save this precious wilderness area) and guides who I thought were demonstrably expert in their field (not that I know a thing about rafting guiding) and you have the right mix for a very active, challenging adventure with safety aspects managed as well as can be.
I think pre trip fitness is a must for your own comfort, safety and enjoyment on the river.
Thanks to Brett, Klaudia and Scott for working so hard to prepare, plan and guide. Your seemingly tireless efforts were much appreciated to make for a trip that is on the list of "best things I have ever done".
To everyone else, just go there with Water By Nature!!

Date of experience: December 2015
"green moss"
"incredible journey"
"fillet steak"
in 2 reviews
"spent christmas and new year"
"rock scrambling"
"temperate rainforest"
"rafts"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The dining was brilliant Brett had the food and menu sorted out for a 7 day experience. plenty of salds and meat involved from salmon to beef steak

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank chris a
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Our rafting trip down the Franklin River was an amazing, remote, true wilderness experience. I don't think there are too many places like this were not a sign of human habitation can be seen over such a distance, No houses, no motors, no litter, just beautiful natural scenery day after day. Our guides from Water by Nature, Brett, Klaudia and Scott were highly organised and skilled, something I learnt to appreciate in some of the more adrenaline charged parts of the river as they safely navigated us through some tricky situations. The cool waters and paddling quickly built up a hunger which was more than satisfied at each break and meal time. The guides regularly turned out delicious, varied and nutritious food. We started to wonder if we were going to put on weight, despite the energy expenditure on the water. Every dish was so good and given the conditions, I can't rate the food highly enough. By the trip end, we were tired but exhilarated having experienced this wild and beautiful place.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Will W
Reviewed 14 October 2015

This is on trip receommended to EVERYONE! I have visited the Franklin River at both ends since I was about 12 yo. It is spedctacualr however and where ever you see it. On a par with the Gordon River. Beautiful scenery, fantastic reflections, constantly changing, never boring or dull. The mountains and valleysd thrpugh which it flows are equally changing and mesmerising.

Date of experience: January 2015