“Life changing for the local girls”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Ranked #107 of 843 things to do in Tasmania
Reviewed 20 April 2015

What do you call a bunch of 40 year old girls in a raft?
Bloody happy!
We had the most amazing time with Brett, Klaudia and Robin, our guides.
The food was unbelievable! I really commend them for that and the fact that they try so hard to not only provide the most amazing experience on the river, but also off the river. at camp at night.
Their knowledge and combined experience is very comforting when you are an inexperienced rafter!
The ruggedness and beauty of the river is astounding
I will definitely do this again.

All reviews
"incredible journey"
"green moss"
"fillet steak"
in 2 reviews
"spent christmas and new year"
"rock scrambling"
"side trips"
"these guys"
"world heritage area"

Reviewed 13 April 2015

A great place to unwind, with the river and adorable ducks keeping you company. It has picnic tables and bbq facilities and toilets too.

1  Thank TreechangeTas
Reviewed 21 February 2015

Although I'm reasonably fit and fairly adventurous, it took quite a lot of encouragement for me to be persuaded to take on the Franklin. And, despite the flooding rains, I can unreservedly say that it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The river is wild, beautiful and challenging. It was a complete privilege to be there and a great way to experience the remote Southwest. What really made it was the experience of our guides. The river was constantly changing, the rain at times extreme, even for the Franklin, and I appreciated being guided and encouraged by someone who has done it as many times as Brett. All with amazing patience and good humour. It would be remiss not to mention the delicious and plentiful food, the beautiful side walks, clambering up out of the valley to some spectacular views, and the excellent, quality clothing and equipment provided for the trip. I'll be back.

2  Thank helenaj344
Reviewed 21 February 2015

We have just completed an exceptional trip with Brett and Klaudia from Water by Nature
. Just a wonderful experience. A group of 10 young men , well in mind,50 to 73 years. The food, the scenery the wilderness the river the camp site and those special side trips made this a 10 out of 10 for me. I had to pass up my annual powder trip to Japan, for this trip and I was not disappointed. Yes you are pushed out of your comfort zone from time to time , but the rewards are tenfold. Its wilderness at it best, yet somehow each evening Brett and Klaudia continue to serve up exotic food, the best of both worlds.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 February 2015

If you are thinking about a bucket list trip that only a very lucky few get to experience then rafting the Franklin ticks all the boxes. There are several companies who raft the Franklin. As an older traveler but aspirations of a young adventurer safety was an important consideration for me. Rafting with Brett and his team at Water by Nature Tasmania exceeded all my expectations. They were professional, well organised and we all felt safe, secure and well supported at all times. Safety was their priority. They also managed to serve fresh delicious food and share their knowledge of the river gained over many years. As we paddled we saw unforgettable scenery, we saw a platypus on the river and and quoll ran about in one of our camp sites. None of this would have been possible without the exceptional skills of Brett and his team. If you are planning a trip on the Franklin book with Water by Nature Tasmania. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

4  Thank Vicki190