“Life changing for the local girls”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Life changing for the local girls”
Reviewed 20 April 2015

What do you call a bunch of 40 year old girls in a raft?
Bloody happy!
We had the most amazing time with Brett, Klaudia and Robin, our guides.
The food was unbelievable! I really commend them for that and the fact that they try so hard to not only provide the most amazing experience on the river, but also off the river. at camp at night.
Their knowledge and combined experience is very comforting when you are an inexperienced rafter!
The ruggedness and beauty of the river is astounding
I will definitely do this again.

Visited April 2015

Tasmania, Australia
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Lovely views and peaceful place”
Reviewed 13 April 2015

A great place to unwind, with the river and adorable ducks keeping you company. It has picnic tables and bbq facilities and toilets too.

Visited March 2015
1 Thank TreechangeTas
Goulburn, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Franklin River Rafting”
Reviewed 25 March 2015

I had the best time on a 10 day trip with Franklin River Rafting, definitely put a big tick on the bucket list with this one. The team from Franklin River Rafting were amazing, booking process was easy and they were great at providing the information needed for the trip. Our Guides Adrian and Alayne were fantastic, they instilled confidence with their skill on the river and their cooking skills were top notch, no one went hungry. The scenery that we travelled through was just magic and really gave you an insight into why the fight for the Franklin was so important. This is a Magic Magic place and a must visit for everyone!

Visited January 2015
1 Thank Chrissieie
Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Water by Nature Franklin River Rafting”
Reviewed 21 February 2015

Although I'm reasonably fit and fairly adventurous, it took quite a lot of encouragement for me to be persuaded to take on the Franklin. And, despite the flooding rains, I can unreservedly say that it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The river is wild, beautiful and challenging. It was a complete privilege to be there and a great way to experience the remote Southwest. What really made it was the experience of our guides. The river was constantly changing, the rain at times extreme, even for the Franklin, and I appreciated being guided and encouraged by someone who has done it as many times as Brett. All with amazing patience and good humour. It would be remiss not to mention the delicious and plentiful food, the beautiful side walks, clambering up out of the valley to some spectacular views, and the excellent, quality clothing and equipment provided for the trip. I'll be back.

Visited January 2015
2 Thank helenaj344
Sydney, Australia
“Water by Nature Franklin River”
Reviewed 21 February 2015

We have just completed an exceptional trip with Brett and Klaudia from Water by Nature
. Just a wonderful experience. A group of 10 young men , well in mind,50 to 73 years. The food, the scenery the wilderness the river the camp site and those special side trips made this a 10 out of 10 for me. I had to pass up my annual powder trip to Japan, for this trip and I was not disappointed. Yes you are pushed out of your comfort zone from time to time , but the rewards are tenfold. Its wilderness at it best, yet somehow each evening Brett and Klaudia continue to serve up exotic food, the best of both worlds.

Visited February 2015