Franklin River Nature Trail
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed 26 November 2014

Great experience. Our guides were brilliant. Lovely young men doing a great job. Loved the food and the effort they put in. River was beautiful. Huon pines galore. Saw 3 platypus and lots of sea eagles. Great bonding experience with my mates. I loved this trip. A serious adventure.

Visited November 2014
2 Thank John H

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wilderness and Adrenalin on the Franklin river”
Reviewed 24 November 2014

Well that's in the top 10 things of my life I have done and unlikely to get kicked out.
A 40th birthday present for my gorgeous girlfriend Alexandra.
Breath taking beauty, adrenalin, friendship, just jaw dropping to share.
Many thanks to our guides Brett and Klaudia who had every aspect covered.
Food was amazing given all our supplied for 7 days had to be taken with us!
Brett's respect for the river and our safety was paramount.
Any adventure such as this has a dangerous element, Brett's cautious approach kept us all safe and sound to return to our loved ones with stories of beauty and excitement.
We thank also our adventurous fellow travellers Bob and Anne in their 60's for sharing our raft.

Visited November 2014
1 Thank Mark N
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
Reviewed 10 October 2014

There are many operators doing the Franklin river. I chose this operator because of the dates and because it was owner operated with the husband and wife owners guiding the trips. I am really happy with my choice and after being on one of their trips would not consider anyone else in the future and would say to my friends go with Franklin River Rafting or no one. The operation is owner by Franzi and Elias who normally guide together. However as they were expanding their operation we had Elias and Adrian as guides. Elias is a superb guide in terms of the experience provided, safety and service and Adrian was was every bit as good if not more so. These guys have incredible knowledge in reading the river to give you an exciting and safe experience. Their incredible focus on safety did not mean that they were over cautious or reduced the fun and excitement just that they accessed the risk well and kept us just with the limit of what was sensible and safe. When one morning in the rain they came to our camp spot at 5am, and said come immediately to breakfast and then pack up we are leaving within the hour as the river is rising fast I thought is this OTT? It was absolutely the best decision. We leapfrogged a group of rafters who had been a day ahead of us and we had an exciting but successful trip to Newland Camp site whereas nearly all the rafters in the group that followed us some hours later had to be rescued mainly by our guides. The whole exercise left me in awe of their skill and professionalism. On our trip I go to ride the wild thing and twice Newland Cascades.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank GiantBird
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Water by Nature 7 day Frankin River rafting trip”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Loved this trip. Amazing place. Well organised, catered, uber professional. My son (17) and I did this as our first big bush/wild-country adventure together and great trip for building stronger bonds and relationships. My son took some convincing to go btw, but ended up being totally blown away by the wild majesty and grandeur and adventure of the trip (as I had hoped he would) . Water By Nature ('WBN') and guides Brett and Klaudia were great across the board, not least for their great sense of how to engage the different characters, backgrounds and ages on the trip. While they exuded an easy professional vibe and overlay, affording us plenty of opportunity for swimming, exploring, and as much extra river activity as you fancied, it was evident (even more I had expected) that the trip was clearly meticulously planned and all contingencies prepared for. The guides' river navigation, raft movements and negotiation of big rapids and obstacles made it all look easy (ish...). Some parts of the river and great gorge look (through wide bulging eyes...) initially unpassable, yet our passage through paddling, lining or portaging made magic happen. 'Wallah!' what were we worried about.? I developed a growing awareness that the trip could have been much different, without really professional, experienced and mature guides - I think I heard Brett say he had done more than 200+ descents and had seen the river in every state and level imaginable. Mind boggling stuff to hear him casually point out a mark up a cliff wall and say, "yeh the water was up to there, and we had to do such and such". The wilderness and wild aspects of the trip were continually mind-boggling - but these were topped off several times a day by almost unbelievably restaurant ( I kid you not) quality food and culinary treats and the odd wine and beer if you fancied, as you tried to take in the river and the surrounds from some great vantage point on a beach or a rock overlooking the river. Off the river at both ends: the pre-briefing, link and pick up in Hobart and trip back out from the river - in our case flying out from the lower Gordon - was great fun, well oiled, low hassle and otherwise flawless. Likewise WBN/Brett's offer and ongoing post-trip intel, advice - and his transport help - with us getting around to see the sights in Hobart after the trip for the next couple of days, including a trip to MONA. Was hard to leave Tassie with this kind of scenery and friendliness. - Al Sweetman

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Al S
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Last October I took my fourth trip down the majestic and wild Franklin River. This was my first trip with Franklin River Rafting and was the best. The guides, Franzi and Elias, are that curious mixture of alert and relaxed which seems peculair to river guides. I would go again in a heartbeat. A truly stunning place and an opportunity to test yourself.

Visited November 2013