“Water by Nature Franklin River Rafting, 7 day trip”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Ranked #107 of 844 things to do in Tasmania
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My experience rafting on the Franklin River with Water by Nature Tasmania totally exceeded my expectations. Aside from the amazing rafting the guides made sure we were all well catered for and looked after with food and other comforts. I was impressed by the amount, thought and care that had obviously gone into the menu. When the guides whipped up Tasmanian scollops and juicy steaks on day 5 I was stoked. Being gluten intolerant I was a little worried about catering but nothing was ever too much trouble for the guides who made sure every meal had fantastic gluten free options. The guides Bret and Klaudia were always happy to help and made sure that the whole trip ran smoothly even with the continually changing weather and river conditions. They provided us with all the equipment including amazing waterproof bags to put all our clothes in and super comfy beds. The camps were so beautiful and I instantly felt like we were in the wilderness with just the sound of the river to put you to sleep. This was by far one of the most beautiful and enjoyable trips I have ever been on. To be able to experience such a beautiful and sacred part of Tasmania with great guides and people just made the trip unbelievable. Cheers to Bret and Klaudia for their expertise and for making it a fabulous trip

2  Thank Megs-Hawley
"incredible journey"
"green moss"
"fillet steak"
in 2 reviews
"spent christmas and new year"
"rock scrambling"
in 20 reviews
"rafts"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Rainy day but still beautiful. Recommend doing the river cruise - great value for money and really informative.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Franklin River is such an important part of our political and environmental history that the chance to visit this remarkable place was something I had hoped to do for years. A friend's invitation to join him on a commercial rafting trip was quickly accepted.
I knew it would be demanding but I knew that if you wanted to see the Franklin, rafting was the way to go.
In the end I did find it physically and mentally tough but I was fortunate that my friend had chosen to go with a master river guide.
Brett from Water by Nature displayed his mastery throughout our 7 days rafting from the upper Franklin right through to our last night on the Gordon at Sir John Falls.
Time after time rapid after rapid Brett would strategically plan our way through each challenge so that the fun was maxed and the risk and pain was minimised. Still demanding but from the get go Brett displayed a calm competence that engendered confidence. I felt I was in good hands throughout.
What was remarkable was not only was Brett good on the river but with his partner Klaudia could spin out delicious high class taste tempting meals and morsels day in day out. An impressive feat after a day of heavy rafting. Clearly they have their efficiencies and routines well worked out.
For me it was an awe inspiring experience and I am very appreciative of the relentless campaigning by Bob Brown and his supporters back in the 1980's right through to now. It is patently obvious that this naturally sculpted Japanese like water garden would have been obliterated without the vision and the persistence of the campaigners.
Everybody deserves to experience the Franklin, it reassures you that Nature is awesome and warrants our lifelong support.
Brett and Klaudia are a very competent very experienced safe pair of hands who need a better website to promote the extraordinary experience they provide.
Thanks Scott

3  Thank Ithaca1
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was Remote, it was Rugged, it was Risky, it was RAW. The 7 days rafting the Franklin ripped me from my comfort zone and threw me to my edge. I spent 6 days water logged, ate like a king, paddled my butt off and mastered the art of the freezer bag drop. I feel privileged to have experienced 7 days of naturl beauty and isolation in this world heritage listed wilderness and am indebted to Brett and Klaudie for sacrificing an easy, low risk life to take me there and look after me. I was a member of a great team of 7 others apart from the 2 guides and we had such a fun time. Lastly, thank you Dr Bob Brown for your untiring commitment to keeping the Franklin as Mother Earth intends it to be.

5  Thank John O