“Water by Nature Franklin River Rafting, 7 day trip”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My experience rafting on the Franklin River with Water by Nature Tasmania totally exceeded my expectations. Aside from the amazing rafting the guides made sure we were all well catered for and looked after with food and other comforts. I was impressed by the amount, thought and care that had obviously gone into the menu. When the guides whipped up Tasmanian scollops and juicy steaks on day 5 I was stoked. Being gluten intolerant I was a little worried about catering but nothing was ever too much trouble for the guides who made sure every meal had fantastic gluten free options. The guides Bret and Klaudia were always happy to help and made sure that the whole trip ran smoothly even with the continually changing weather and river conditions. They provided us with all the equipment including amazing waterproof bags to put all our clothes in and super comfy beds. The camps were so beautiful and I instantly felt like we were in the wilderness with just the sound of the river to put you to sleep. This was by far one of the most beautiful and enjoyable trips I have ever been on. To be able to experience such a beautiful and sacred part of Tasmania with great guides and people just made the trip unbelievable. Cheers to Bret and Klaudia for their expertise and for making it a fabulous trip

2  Thank Megs-Hawley
"outdoor experience"
"flip side"
"fillet steak"
in 2 reviews
"spent christmas and new year"
"rock scrambling"
"amazing days"
"memorable trip"
"tour company"

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Rainy day but still beautiful. Recommend doing the river cruise - great value for money and really informative.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

An amazing and humbling experience and a privilege to be able to see part of the world still in its natural state. Cant recommend Franklin River Rafting enough. Food, company and equipment all A+. I would love to do it again tomorrow.

1  Thank Martin O
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A trip to remember...

I can't add anything new to everything that has been said about Franklin River Rafting.
Great vibe, great professionalism, ...

If you're looking for something special, this is it...

1  Thank W0uter_81
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Franklin River is such an important part of our political and environmental history that the chance to visit this remarkable place was something I had hoped to do for years. A friend's invitation to join him on a commercial rafting trip was quickly accepted.
I knew it would be demanding but I knew that if you wanted to see the Franklin, rafting was the way to go.
In the end I did find it physically and mentally tough but I was fortunate that my friend had chosen to go with a master river guide.
Brett from Water by Nature displayed his mastery throughout our 7 days rafting from the upper Franklin right through to our last night on the Gordon at Sir John Falls.
Time after time rapid after rapid Brett would strategically plan our way through each challenge so that the fun was maxed and the risk and pain was minimised. Still demanding but from the get go Brett displayed a calm competence that engendered confidence. I felt I was in good hands throughout.
What was remarkable was not only was Brett good on the river but with his partner Klaudia could spin out delicious high class taste tempting meals and morsels day in day out. An impressive feat after a day of heavy rafting. Clearly they have their efficiencies and routines well worked out.
For me it was an awe inspiring experience and I am very appreciative of the relentless campaigning by Bob Brown and his supporters back in the 1980's right through to now. It is patently obvious that this naturally sculpted Japanese like water garden would have been obliterated without the vision and the persistence of the campaigners.
Everybody deserves to experience the Franklin, it reassures you that Nature is awesome and warrants our lifelong support.
Brett and Klaudia are a very competent very experienced safe pair of hands who need a better website to promote the extraordinary experience they provide.
Thanks Scott