“Water by Nature Franklin River Rafting An incredible way to visit this unique place”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Franklin River is such an important part of our political and environmental history that the chance to visit this remarkable place was something I had hoped to do for years. A friend's invitation to join him on a commercial rafting trip was quickly accepted.
I knew it would be demanding but I knew that if you wanted to see the Franklin, rafting was the way to go.
In the end I did find it physically and mentally tough but I was fortunate that my friend had chosen to go with a master river guide.
Brett from Water by Nature displayed his mastery throughout our 7 days rafting from the upper Franklin right through to our last night on the Gordon at Sir John Falls.
Time after time rapid after rapid Brett would strategically plan our way through each challenge so that the fun was maxed and the risk and pain was minimised. Still demanding but from the get go Brett displayed a calm competence that engendered confidence. I felt I was in good hands throughout.
What was remarkable was not only was Brett good on the river but with his partner Klaudia could spin out delicious high class taste tempting meals and morsels day in day out. An impressive feat after a day of heavy rafting. Clearly they have their efficiencies and routines well worked out.
For me it was an awe inspiring experience and I am very appreciative of the relentless campaigning by Bob Brown and his supporters back in the 1980's right through to now. It is patently obvious that this naturally sculpted Japanese like water garden would have been obliterated without the vision and the persistence of the campaigners.
Everybody deserves to experience the Franklin, it reassures you that Nature is awesome and warrants our lifelong support.
Brett and Klaudia are a very competent very experienced safe pair of hands who need a better website to promote the extraordinary experience they provide.
Thanks Scott

"green moss"
"incredible journey"
"fillet steak"
in 2 reviews
"spent christmas and new year"
"rock scrambling"
"temperate rainforest"
"rafts"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was Remote, it was Rugged, it was Risky, it was RAW. The 7 days rafting the Franklin ripped me from my comfort zone and threw me to my edge. I spent 6 days water logged, ate like a king, paddled my butt off and mastered the art of the freezer bag drop. I feel privileged to have experienced 7 days of naturl beauty and isolation in this world heritage listed wilderness and am indebted to Brett and Klaudie for sacrificing an easy, low risk life to take me there and look after me. I was a member of a great team of 7 others apart from the 2 guides and we had such a fun time. Lastly, thank you Dr Bob Brown for your untiring commitment to keeping the Franklin as Mother Earth intends it to be.

5  Thank John O
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just a great day, never to be missed!!!! Comfortable seats, great food, lovely staff,great commentary, Sarah island walk just great. A lovely heritage walk.All good, we'll do it all again,what value for money!!! Thanks to everyone involved!!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We enjoyed our rafting trip on the lower Franklin so much in 2009 that we went back for the 7 day full river trip in January 2014. The scenery is unbelievable. Newland's Cascades camp site is my favourite place in the world. The only way to get out into this wilderness World Heritage area is by water and the best way to do it is with the experience of Brett and WxN. The trip is not for the feint hearted. Camping on a river bank and rock hopping is not for everyone but the adversity is more than made up for by Brett's fantastic meals and expertise and the knowledge that you are in safe hands. We were in Klaudia's raft and apart from a few exhilarating spills she guided us safely home. It rained on several days on both trips but that did not detract from this amazing experience.

Date of experience: January 2014