“Water by Nature Franklin River Rafting An incredible way to visit this unique place”

Franklin River Nature Trail
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Franklin River is such an important part of our political and environmental history that the chance to visit this remarkable place was something I had hoped to do for years. A friend's invitation to join him on a commercial rafting trip was quickly accepted.
I knew it would be demanding but I knew that if you wanted to see the Franklin, rafting was the way to go.
In the end I did find it physically and mentally tough but I was fortunate that my friend had chosen to go with a master river guide.
Brett from Water by Nature displayed his mastery throughout our 7 days rafting from the upper Franklin right through to our last night on the Gordon at Sir John Falls.
Time after time rapid after rapid Brett would strategically plan our way through each challenge so that the fun was maxed and the risk and pain was minimised. Still demanding but from the get go Brett displayed a calm competence that engendered confidence. I felt I was in good hands throughout.
What was remarkable was not only was Brett good on the river but with his partner Klaudia could spin out delicious high class taste tempting meals and morsels day in day out. An impressive feat after a day of heavy rafting. Clearly they have their efficiencies and routines well worked out.
For me it was an awe inspiring experience and I am very appreciative of the relentless campaigning by Bob Brown and his supporters back in the 1980's right through to now. It is patently obvious that this naturally sculpted Japanese like water garden would have been obliterated without the vision and the persistence of the campaigners.
Everybody deserves to experience the Franklin, it reassures you that Nature is awesome and warrants our lifelong support.
Brett and Klaudia are a very competent very experienced safe pair of hands who need a better website to promote the extraordinary experience they provide.
Thanks Scott

3 Thank Ithaca1

Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Franklin River Rafting trip of a lifetime”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

After waiting 20 years to do the Franklin River, the experience was everything I hoped for and so much more. Thank you Elias and Leon for the most wonderful 8 days. You guys are incredible!!

1 Thank Jane B
Peachester, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Water by Nature Rafting the Franklin”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was Remote, it was Rugged, it was Risky, it was RAW. The 7 days rafting the Franklin ripped me from my comfort zone and threw me to my edge. I spent 6 days water logged, ate like a king, paddled my butt off and mastered the art of the freezer bag drop. I feel privileged to have experienced 7 days of naturl beauty and isolation in this world heritage listed wilderness and am indebted to Brett and Klaudie for sacrificing an easy, low risk life to take me there and look after me. I was a member of a great team of 7 others apart from the 2 guides and we had such a fun time. Lastly, thank you Dr Bob Brown for your untiring commitment to keeping the Franklin as Mother Earth intends it to be.

5 Thank John O
Sheffield, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic day!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just a great day, never to be missed!!!! Comfortable seats, great food, lovely staff,great commentary, Sarah island walk just great. A lovely heritage walk.All good, we'll do it all again,what value for money!!! Thanks to everyone involved!!

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Franklin River Rafting - not to be missed!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We recently spent 10 days rafting with Franklin River Rafting for our honeymoon. Rafting the Franklin River is a true adventure and we were lucky to get fine weather for a tramp up Frenchman's Cap. There were several testing times and our guides were complete professionals: experienced and friendly. The food was fantastic and the campsites were some of the most spectacular I have ever seen. It is a privilege that we are able to still raft the Franklin River and a pleasure to do it with Elias, Leon and Rob from Franklin River Rafting. I cannot recommend the trip highly enough!

Visited March 2014