“Water by Nature Rafting the Franklin”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Peachester, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Water by Nature Rafting the Franklin”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was Remote, it was Rugged, it was Risky, it was RAW. The 7 days rafting the Franklin ripped me from my comfort zone and threw me to my edge. I spent 6 days water logged, ate like a king, paddled my butt off and mastered the art of the freezer bag drop. I feel privileged to have experienced 7 days of naturl beauty and isolation in this world heritage listed wilderness and am indebted to Brett and Klaudie for sacrificing an easy, low risk life to take me there and look after me. I was a member of a great team of 7 others apart from the 2 guides and we had such a fun time. Lastly, thank you Dr Bob Brown for your untiring commitment to keeping the Franklin as Mother Earth intends it to be.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank John O

Sheffield, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic day!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just a great day, never to be missed!!!! Comfortable seats, great food, lovely staff,great commentary, Sarah island walk just great. A lovely heritage walk.All good, we'll do it all again,what value for money!!! Thanks to everyone involved!!

Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Franklin River Rafting - not to be missed!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We recently spent 10 days rafting with Franklin River Rafting for our honeymoon. Rafting the Franklin River is a true adventure and we were lucky to get fine weather for a tramp up Frenchman's Cap. There were several testing times and our guides were complete professionals: experienced and friendly. The food was fantastic and the campsites were some of the most spectacular I have ever seen. It is a privilege that we are able to still raft the Franklin River and a pleasure to do it with Elias, Leon and Rob from Franklin River Rafting. I cannot recommend the trip highly enough!

Visited March 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Water By Nature--Adventure Plus”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We enjoyed our rafting trip on the lower Franklin so much in 2009 that we went back for the 7 day full river trip in January 2014. The scenery is unbelievable. Newland's Cascades camp site is my favourite place in the world. The only way to get out into this wilderness World Heritage area is by water and the best way to do it is with the experience of Brett and WxN. The trip is not for the feint hearted. Camping on a river bank and rock hopping is not for everyone but the adversity is more than made up for by Brett's fantastic meals and expertise and the knowledge that you are in safe hands. We were in Klaudia's raft and apart from a few exhilarating spills she guided us safely home. It rained on several days on both trips but that did not detract from this amazing experience.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Doug S
Melbourne
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“A great day”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We went on the red boat, which we were told was the better. A great day we had and the buffet lunch wash very good and plenty of it, especially the smoked salmon. The guides were very informative and we stopped a couple of times and walked around different islands. We were lucky the weather was sunny. We went gold class which cost us $220 per couple, which is cheap, if you purchase on the Spirit of Tasmania.

Visited March 2014