“Water by Nature Rafting the Franklin”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Ranked #107 of 843 things to do in Tasmania
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was Remote, it was Rugged, it was Risky, it was RAW. The 7 days rafting the Franklin ripped me from my comfort zone and threw me to my edge. I spent 6 days water logged, ate like a king, paddled my butt off and mastered the art of the freezer bag drop. I feel privileged to have experienced 7 days of naturl beauty and isolation in this world heritage listed wilderness and am indebted to Brett and Klaudie for sacrificing an easy, low risk life to take me there and look after me. I was a member of a great team of 7 others apart from the 2 guides and we had such a fun time. Lastly, thank you Dr Bob Brown for your untiring commitment to keeping the Franklin as Mother Earth intends it to be.

5  Thank John O
"incredible journey"
"green moss"
"fillet steak"
in 2 reviews
"spent christmas and new year"
"rock scrambling"
"side trips"
"these guys"
"world heritage area"

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just a great day, never to be missed!!!! Comfortable seats, great food, lovely staff,great commentary, Sarah island walk just great. A lovely heritage walk.All good, we'll do it all again,what value for money!!! Thanks to everyone involved!!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We enjoyed our rafting trip on the lower Franklin so much in 2009 that we went back for the 7 day full river trip in January 2014. The scenery is unbelievable. Newland's Cascades camp site is my favourite place in the world. The only way to get out into this wilderness World Heritage area is by water and the best way to do it is with the experience of Brett and WxN. The trip is not for the feint hearted. Camping on a river bank and rock hopping is not for everyone but the adversity is more than made up for by Brett's fantastic meals and expertise and the knowledge that you are in safe hands. We were in Klaudia's raft and apart from a few exhilarating spills she guided us safely home. It rained on several days on both trips but that did not detract from this amazing experience.

2  Thank Doug S
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We went on the red boat, which we were told was the better. A great day we had and the buffet lunch wash very good and plenty of it, especially the smoked salmon. The guides were very informative and we stopped a couple of times and walked around different islands. We were lucky the weather was sunny. We went gold class which cost us $220 per couple, which is cheap, if you purchase on the Spirit of Tasmania.