“Water by Nature”

Franklin River Nature Trail
Esperance, Australia
“Water by Nature”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I are not young people and have never slept in caves with glow worms, under the stars or under rock overhangs. The idea was to voluntarily take ourselves out of our comfort zone and enjoy ourselves.
This was truly an experience of a life-time which has enriched our lives and make us realise how precious the beauty of the Franklin River is.
Being with Brett and Klaudia was fantastic and we felt priviledged that albeit a commercial venture were generous enough to share their worlld with us,
It was tough going, but it builds character and it is and experience that we will be able to tell our friends and family about for years to come.

Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wild bliss on the Franklin.”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

whoah, wow, its been a little while now since i went down "the Ditch" (lol) with water by nature and i'm still revelling in delightful flashbacks of ancient greens, rush and bubble and tumble and wild escape. A 7 day escape was a perfect length of trip, long enough to truly feel like i had been somewhere, gone somewhere. Very satisfying. Brett and Claudia were reassuring, and entertaining guides. Good fun, good food,good banter, a memorable journey on an amazing river. totally recommended. many thanks!

1 Thank david j
Melbourne, Australia
“Franklin River Rafting”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have just had the chance to view my free dvd of our 10 day Franklin River rafting adventure a small group of us did to bring in the 2014 year, and have been reminded of what a remarkable part of Australia it is! And whilst the views are the same no matter who you go with, it is who you go with that will impact on how much you enjoy them. Leon and Alayne from Franklin River Rafting provided 5 star guiding service both on and off the water. It was a gourmet tour catering to 1 vegan with extra dietary requirements, 3 vegetarians and 3 omnivores without skipping a beat, we wanted for nothing...hmmm, a little more sunshine perhaps. We bumped into Elias and Franzi on the way down and could see that their group was having almost as much fun as ours ;). If you’re reading these reviews I would recommend that you just book in with Franklin River Rafting, they have left nothing to chance to ensure your safety and enjoyment on your river adventure.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lisa E
Brisbane, Australia
“The Franklin River Rafting Experience”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A fantastic experience! Unlike anything I have done before, and I've been around long enough to have done a few things in my life! Franzi and Elias make a terrific duo; they are fun to be with, passionate about what they do and the very beautiful and pristine environment in which they do it, respectful of the rapids and conservative in their approach to guiding us through them safely. I also loved their relaxed yet very organised approach to each day's adventure, and the delicious and wholesome meals we enjoyed throughout the trip.
All in all it was a great adventure, and one for anyone fit and well to enjoy an outdoor experience.
One last thing, the scenery changes between the upper and lower stretches of the river so I would definitely recommend the 10 day trip if you can manage it - otherwise you'll miss out on something!
Diane Sak

Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Water By Nature": Fabulous”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have just returned from a rafting trip on the Franklin River for 4/5 days from the 10th January. I have no hesitation in raving about the experience. I wasn't really sure what to expect, having only done day rafting before in other countries. Our guides were Jim and Jono who were a great team. They could read the river and obviously loved their work! I also stupidly left my camera at a lunch spot and they unhesitatingly returned upriver to retrieve it. The biggest surprise of all was the food. They were excellent cooks and I returned 2 kilos heavier; not what I expected. The whole experience will be logged as one of the best holidays I've had. Though reasonable fitness is essential and my quads have only just recovered from the descent from the MCall track to the river (where we started). Finally, the journey to the river from Hobart (via Queenstown) and the return on the Stormbreaker via Strahan was also pretty fab. The only downside was a mix up/delay with retrieving our bags at the end - which seemed to be a communication problem between Water By Nature and the bus company who transported us...but really. I am already planning on returning in a year or 2 with my now 8 year old daughter.

Visited January 2014