All reviews caravan park stayed here sri lankan chef pub style meals fried rice dump point the ground floor hotel motel room was clean arrived late reception staff free wifi close to town good size would stay again powered site plenty of hot water
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Clean room and their restaurant was great. Will stay again as do the trip through regularly and will also recommend to friends to use the Inn. Bed was great as slept in the morning we stayed. Room for work trailer that we were towing

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Opal_Inn, Front Office Reception at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi jendog_1954,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review on us.

I will certainly pass your positive feedback on to our housekeepers, who work hard to maintain the quality of the rooms. Our head chef also works hard, so he will be pleased to see you enjoyed your meals.

We do try to accommodate for requests such as larger vehicles or vehicles towing a trailer.

One of the biggest compliments you can give is passing on your positive feedback to family and friends, so thank you for that. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We definitely look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Dylan
Front Office Reception

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Needed somewhere to stay after many hours of driving, and with many more the day ahead. Found the accomodation quite dated, but extremely clean and very roomy. Staff were helpful. Bistro meal was fine and easy, and the 10% discount was a bonus. Overall good value for money.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Opal_Inn, Front Office Manager at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Hi jodileesa

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on us.

It's good to see that you got to experience the bistro (and with our bonus discount that we give to our valued guests).
I'm also glad to see that the staff were helpful; I like to think we've got a pretty good, friendly and helpful team here so it's good that they've not made a liar out of me.

With regards to your comment on the dated accommodation: I'd be interested to see what room you were in as most of them have been updated within the last five years. But thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of it. The Housekeeping team will be really happy to see this.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. Hopefully we get to see you again if you find yourself out this way.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The motel has no secure fences, so its really to access from the main road,side and the back. A teenger boy tried to break in through the window to unlock our room around 1230 am, luckily I woke up then called my husband,he chased him away. Unfortunately we couldn't get back to sleep after that,my husband was concerned about my safety because I'm eight months pregnant and worried that they might return with other partners. Overall the room is ok,but realized the air-con was noisy like train crush while we were going to sleep,so we couldn't have it on,then the break in happened. If you wish have a good night sleep with worry free, pay a little bit more and go somewhere else,honestly we paid $115 for a night,couldn't have a good night sleep and so close to lose our belongings,its not really worth it. Maybe you have better luck then us,hope the thing will never happen to you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Opal_Inn, Front Office Manager at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Hi Iris H

I'm really sorry to see that you didn't have a good experience with us.

I did a security walk after my shift had finished (approximately 9:30pm) and didn't see any suspicious activity however, I did see a window wide open which is against our recommendations. We do advise our guests by way of illustration and a brief summary on each map suggesting guests keep their valuables secured and windows and doors locked also. Granted, given the air-conditioning fault you mentioned, this would've made the room uncomfortable but we would've gladly assisted with a room move if we knew about it: our After Hours Mobile Number is also on the back of the map.

I apologise though for the discomfort and fear you experienced while you were here. We acknowledge that it does happen from time to time, but in the thirteen months I have been here, it has only happened a handful of times.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Clean caravan park but dusty and humid Coober Pedy made it in the two days stay not so pleasurable
They served good food in the hotel restaurant and we all enjoyed the dishes especially the Sri Lankan Mixed Fried Rice, portion of the rice can be reduce to a smaller bowl otherwise - yummy

Room Tip: Convenient location for a night stay
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Lim Y

I'm glad to see that you had the opportunity to try out our Bistro. We try to cater to everyone by giving large servings. We could've organised for the rest to be taken away if you liked? Might be worth considering for the next time you're out this way again.

I'm sorry that your stay wasn't pleasurable. While we do work hard at trying to make everyone's stay comfortable and enjoyable, we can't do anything about the climate or the dust out here in the desert.

I hope the rest of your journey is pleasant.

Wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed 7 October 2017

The room was budget and basic but neat and clean. Very close to lovely Chinese restaurant. Staff were friendly and helpful. Off street parking. BBQ facilities close to rooms. Lovely small grassed court yard outside room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Opal_Inn, Front Office Manager at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Hi lyn449

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were, as you have written, friendly and helpful. It's what we're here for.
I think the budget rooms are definitely what the budget-conscience guest needs. They are comfortable; nearly all of them have new beds, and all of them have new reverse cycle air-conditioners, all come with their own private ensuite, and tea/coffee making facilities and are set in a comfortable and quiet grassed court yard area.
While you were here, I hope you had an opportunity to experience our own Bistro onsite.

Hopefully we get to see you out this way again.

Until then, I wish you safe travels.