“Great stay in Coober Pedy”
Review of Opal Inn

Opal Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Coober Pedy
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The reception staff were most helpful. Our room was clean and large. The bathroom was spotless. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant - the new chef and the menu were excellent. The tour that we booked through reception was great value for money. Highly recommend the tour of the town along with the Breakaways, the Moonscape and the Dingo Fence. Two nights was not enough.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Opal_Inn, Front Office Manager at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hi bernadettes181

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

I'm glad to see you had a wonderful stay.
Our team are constantly striving for 100% in everything they do: ranging from cleaning, to customer service so it's nice to see that this has been noticed and acknowledged. Thank you.
Our town is a surprising little gem isn't it? There always seems to be something to discover.
I hope you do manage to find your way back here again. It'll be a pleasure having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Service was friendly and obliging. They were happy to cook me dinner even though I arrived as they were closing the kitchen. The room was comfortable and clean. Only problem was in accessing WiFi. I would give 3.8 if I could, just not quite 4.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Opal_Inn, Front Office Reception at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hi andrewcC3849WE

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to hear your positive experiences with our kitchen. They do work hard and we get good feedback on their services.
I am sorry to hear you had trouble with your Wi-Fi though; we are working on improving the quality of it which is taking us a little longer than anticipated.

Kind regards,
Dylan
Front Office Reception

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in caravan park on the way to Ayers Rock, sites are difficult to work out which one you have. It's extremely dusty amenities are clean although the showers are terrible, water pressure is a dribble. You better of staying in a free camp either side of town if you are self sufficient.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Opal_Inn, Front Office Manager at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi Mike M
Sorry to see that you had such a bad time with us.
We are constantly striving for 100% guest satisfaction, so we do take on board any feedback provided.
We are working on the sites but we do rely on our guests to take the site we allocate them, rather than two sites back to back so they don't have to unhook. It's a work in progress.
I will look into the issue with the showers, but I believed that these were all fixed and in good working order. In fact, we received some feedback only a few days ago that the showers are good. It looks as though you may have been unfortunate to get one that could do with a new shower head. I'll definitely get this looked at.
Unfortunately, due to being in the desert, we are unable to do anything about the dust I'm afraid.
Again, I'm sorry to see you didn't enjoy your stay.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your journey.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Handy to everything, clean well maintained amenities. A bit disorganised as which site to use. Ours was OK but a few others were double booked. Had a good meal at the Opal Inn itself. Walking distance into town, staff were very helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Opal_Inn, Front Office Manager at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi Alex_Gi
Thanks for your review.
We are lucky that we are so handy to everything and our guests like that everything that they need is either right here, or extremely close.
I'm disappointed to see, however, that there were double bookings with the sites. It has been something I have been working on with the team and worked hard to create a more structured and efficient system. That being said, we have had a few issues recently where guests have stayed on without informing us prior to departure time and, unfortunately, we rarely get an opportunity to walk around the park (this just means we're a popular choice to stay really as we are always busy in reception)... I'll have to have a chat to the team here again to see what let us down in this area though as I would hate for others to experience this.
I'm glad to see that you had a good stay though.
Hopefully it's not too long before you're out this way again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Rooms ok and customer service was average, but overall happy with the night. They mucked up our booking but were quick to rectify this. They said they had upgraded us from the budget rooms to standards rooms - really????

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Opal_Inn, Front Office Manager at Opal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hi bonesta199

Thanks for your review. I must admit I'm a little concerned about your average customer service and the issue with your reservation on check-in. Are you able to provide a little more information that will help me to investigate this matter further as customer service (especially) is something we pride ourselves on.

I'm glad to see though that you were happy overall with your stay.