“Disappointed ”

John's Pizza Bar & Restaurant
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: John's Pizza Bar and Restaurant is a multi-award-winning establishment. It is a licensed, café-style, al-fresco restaurant located in the outback South Australian town of Coober Pedy, which specialises in providing locals and visitors alike with high quality, affordable dining and service.
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

We dined at John’s last week and had the pasta marinara and my partner and I loved it. We thought it was amazing. It tasted divine. The garlic bread was crunchy on the outside yet beautiful and soft on the inside. It was an easy 9/10 from us!

Tonight we dined again, 1 week later. We were rather excited to be going there again, I had told everyone how good it was. We had the pasta again and a garlic bread. Unfortunately the garlic bread was half burned and it didn’t have that same wow factor about it. The pasta was so disgusting that we could not even eat it! I am terribly disappointed. 2 drinks, pasta and a garlic bread $40. We definitely will not be wasting our money at John’s again.

I can’t believe in a week things went from absolutely amazing to the worst food I have had the unfortunate experience of eating.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 25 May 2019 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I went to JPB tonight. My husband got the meat lovers pizza, my daughter got the Coat of Arms pizza and I got the chicken parmi with sides.
It was the BEST chicken parmi that I have ever had in my life. I am originally from the USA but now call Australia home.
Chicken parmi is one of my favorite dishes on the planet. Soooo, when I took my first bite I was in love...it was so fresh, it wasn't like the store bought crumbed chicken. The mozzarella cheese tasted divine, I mean that is EXACTLY how mozzarella should taste...authentic. Also my chicken parmi filled half of a hige plate...i.e. pic..

Yes, it's a little bit pricey but OMG, so worth the money!
If you visit Coober Pedy, stop in to this pizza place, you will be happy you did.

Reviewed 25 May 2019

Hard to believe this pizza place is so good in a place like Coober Pedy which is so isolated from nearly everywhere. Plenty of choice, excellent bases and great toppings. The menu is large & varied - plenty of options other than pizza.

Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

If an eatery smells good from the outside it must serve good food. This was certainly the case at our recent visit. The aroma from the car park was delicious, super friendly staff and sensational pizza.

Reviewed 16 May 2019

We are hungry and looking around for some budget restaurants... We found it and there is not much to say really other than we've just had the best pizza ever up here in Coober Pedy...