“A great way to see Coober Pedy”
Review of ANDO Tours

ANDO Tours
Ranked #4 of 7 Tours in Coober Pedy
More attraction details
Owner description: ANDO Tours is owned and operated by the Underground Bed and Breakfast in Coober Pedy.We have a luxury 4WD vehicle that seats a maximum of 6 people, that way we can give you a highly personalised tour experience that will leave you amazed. We have decades of experience living and mining in Coober Pedy that we are proud to share with you. We do a half day tour of opal mines, Breakaways, Moon Plain and Dog Fence.
Amamoor, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to see Coober Pedy”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Ken and Ana run Ando Tours and I have to say they are very friendly and helpful. Ken is the tour guide and he goes out of his way to make sure you see everything possible.
Ken has lived in the area for many, many years so he knows all the great spots.
If you go to Coober Pedy use Ando Tours you won't regret it.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank canlolizzy

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“More than just the sights.”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We did the town tour and the painted desert tour. Ken is a great host, with a long history in opals and in the town.
Provided lots of insight into the stories behind the town, mining, and the local community.
A highlight of our trip.

2 Thank Etag67
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Afternoon Out”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Ken took us on a 4 hour tour of Coober Pedy and the surrounding areas. We learnt many things about the area and found spots that we would not have found on our own not being a local. Ken is very accommodating and I am sure he would design a tour to suit your needs. It is nice to go on a tour and not be taken to places that put the hard sell on you to buy something. Keep up the great work Ken.

Visited April 2011
3 Thank Kylie12
adelaide
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brings everything to life”
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I was not sure what I would find at Coober Pedy so decided to book a full day tour with Ken and Ana of ANDO tours. That decision was the best I could have made. The tour gives you an experience you simply cannot get from a self drive or reading a guide book.
During my tour I visited, amongst others, the dog fence, painted hills, kangaroo orphanage, opal mines and the local eateries. But this tour was not simply a ticklist of attractions to see - I found even the subjects I thought would not interest me were brought vividly to life by Ken's enthusiasm and knowledge.
I knew I would enjoy the outback landscape but Ken and Ana's intimate knowledge of the area has widened my appreciation and provided me with a once in a lifetime experience. I would highly recommend ANDO tours to solo travellers, families and couple alike. Many thanks Ken and Ana.

Visited January 2011
2 Thank bbreviewer32
Peebles, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Insight Into a Fascinating Place”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

We stayed two days to be able to do a day tour with Ken. It was well worth it & we only wished we could have stayed longer at Ken & Ana's wonderful underground B&B.
The tour was engrossing & really informative - a real insider's view of this fascinating place. We could never have done half of this on our own or with a commercial tour - the best day tour we have ever done!

Visited December 2010