“Good food”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Came here early on a saturday morning, place was quiet with 9 staff on! I would hope it got busier for the bosses sake. Food was great, service was great, only downfall was they forgot three of my friends coffees, then after asking 10 minutes later they still hadnt made them! Their food got the the table and still no coffee, my friend made a point it wasnt good enough and there was 9 staff wondering around? In the end they received their coffees and all coffees were taken off the bill as an apologies. Perhaps some internal issues going on. Dont think il come here again.

EastTceContinental, Owner at East Terrace Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hi Teegs,
I am very disappointed that you experienced this,We take pride in good food good service and i apologize
on behalf of my staff.
I was made aware of the issue which they brought to my attention as our system between poz system and printer
had some technical issues and were not talking to each other.,hence no tickets came up.
However that is no excuse, the next time you are in please make yourself known to me so i can at least offer you my apologies and
some free coffees in person.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I have always been a fan of ETC but we went for breakfast today and left very disappointed. They were incredibly busy and after waiting about 20 minutes for a simple single breakfast order we enquired how much longer it would be to be told at least another 30 minutes. We totally understand that it is busy but it would have been nice to know the wait. We left without breakfast and they didn’t even refund the cost of the coffee we had received. Extremely disappointing customer service

EastTceContinental, Owner at East Terrace Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
I have discussed your comments with my team, and we are truly sorry we did not uphold the standards of excellent customer service which we pride ourselves on.
If you would like, on your next visit please make yourself known to me, so i can at least offer you the kind of service you deserve.
please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast a very good breakfast here. Great mushrooms with fetta. Staff freindly and efficient and the food was very reasonably priced. The only negative is the building is old with wooden floors which carry the noise so if you dont mind a bit of noise on a hot summer morning i wohld definately recommend.

EastTceContinental, Owner at East Terrace Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hi Casec300,
Thank you for the wonderful review on East Terrace Continental, and your right it is a bit noisy, the building is over 100 years old
imagine if those walls could talk.
Thank you so much and we hope to see you again very soon

regards
Joe and the ETC team

Reviewed 8 March 2018

On our visit to ETC we selected the Croque Monsieur and the BLAT. Both were delicious and were served with fries, but the Croque Monsieur was the stand out, being a very fancy toasted sandwich indeed. The service was relatively quick and at a suitable pace for a quick lunch break. It is a little pricey, but not overly so. The only detraction was the bus stop outside the entrance which meant bus fumes came into the café. Overall, a very positive experience and I would certainly recommend ETC for lunch or breakfast (the breakfast menu is also available at lunch time).

EastTceContinental, Owner at East Terrace Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

HI Susan,
We are pleased you enjoyed your time and your food here at East Terrace Continental
and we hope to see you again very soon.
once again thank you for the very positive remarks and you can be assured i shall pass on your comments to our
wonderful staff.

Regards
JOE

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Had brunch here. The food was ok & nothing fancy. Coffee is average. Spacious place, but restroom can be better