“Dinner at Georges”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 26
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Georges on Waymouth was established by George & Voula Kasimatis in November 2002, with the aim of serving fresh seasonal produce with impeccable service in a classic European setting. In the heart of Adelaide's CBD, Georges on Waymouth is an undeniable crowd pleaser, continually striving for excellence amongst locals and interstate guests. The dining room is stylish and minimalist with crisp linen tablecloths, high ceilings and wooden floorboards. A distinctly Mediterranean menu takes advantage of seasonal produce supporting local farmers & business. Open Tuesday-Friday for lunch and Tuesday-Saturday for dinner. Private room available for corporate or social events. Crowned a Delicious 100 restaurant in 2019. Walk-Ins are welcome.
Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner at George's about 2 weeks ago. Every course was beautifully presented and delicious. The service could not be faulted. George also took the time to give us invaluable information about food and wine in the Barossa.Warm and welcoming with a great ambience. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Yasmin I
Write a reviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 20 August 2019

My partner and I were celebrating a milestone event and we wanted to go somewhere we had never been before, so we randomly chose George’s on Waymouth. We are so glad we did. From the moment we were greeted at the door and escorted to our table, to the moment the door was held open for us as we left the restaurant, this was a special and memorable evening. The service was impeccable from start to finish. Our questions about the menu were answered professionally but with just the right level of humour. We started with water and I had a cocktail. The menu was comprehensive without being daunting, and there were also daily specials which this time we did not take advantage of. Warm bread, made in-house was served after which we both had entrees, mains and desserts. Every course was outstanding, and we truly could not fault a thing with the food. The wine I chose was treated with respect and perfectly decanted. The bottle was not left on our table, which often doesn’t work in some establishments. Not at George’s though! Not once during the meal did either of us say or think, oh I wish someone would t up my glass of wine. It just happened unobtrusively and whenever it was required. Perfect! Other places need to take note how that particular service should be accomplished.
The service given by every single team member on duty was exemplary. They were all warm and friendly, but our waiter in particular, sorry I don’t recall his name, was fantastic. He was English, bearded And had a lovely voice and manner. We felt truly looked after, without the service ever becoming intrusive.
Overall, a night and meal to remember and we will be back.

1  Thank Philby58
Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner here for her birthday. Ordered the degustation menu with wine pairing. Menu was delicious, great service, and George was really welcoming and engaging.Thanks for the night!

1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 13 August 2019

We recently visited Georges on Waymouth for the first time. We were very impressed with the quality and presentation of the food and the excellent service. The wine selection was also very good. We will be back there soon.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Ingo J
Reviewed 10 August 2019

Had a late dinner at George’s after a stressful day. The staff were friendly and efficient and picked up on our need for talking time. The Food was delicious, and restored my spirits! The wine list is extensive and staff were knowledgeable about it, which made choosing easy. The atmosphere was great too, full of lots of satisfied diners. I would definitely go again. Thanks George’s.

2  Thank PenPenJF