“Imaginative dishes with many flavours”
Review of Georges

Georges
Ranked #6 of 1,891 Restaurants in Adelaide
Price range: USD 10 - USD 26
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Georges on Waymouth was established by George & Voula Kasimatis in November 2002, with the aim of serving fresh seasonal produce with impeccable service in a classic European setting. In the heart of Adelaide's CBD, Georges on Waymouth is an undeniable crowd pleaser, continually striving for excellence amongst locals and interstate guests. The dining room is stylish and minimalist with crisp linen tablecloths, high ceilings and wooden floorboards. A distinctly Mediterranean menu takes advantage of seasonal produce supporting local farmers & business. Open Tuesday-Friday for lunch and Tuesday-Saturday for dinner. Private room available for corporate or social events. Crowned a Delicious 100 restaurant in 2019. Walk-Ins are welcome.
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

Every time we dine at George’s it’s something to enjoy. The lamb press being the steady menu item to enjoy often. The pastas are always freshly made -the hazelnut being my favourite. We were upstairs this time for the first time and it was romantic away from everybody else. Reminds me of when my husband first took me to Spatz when dating many years ago. Quietly intimate

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 27 March 2019

Business lunch - excellent food and service - I will be booking my next business lunch at Georges on Waymouth

Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

Visited here after reading reviews on trip advisor. Did not disappoint. Signature dish was excellent. Great wine choices and DJ (waiter) was excellent.

Reviewed 23 March 2019 via mobile

Looking for a nice venue for dinner after flying in from Brisbane this afternoon and researched TripAdvisor. We were welcomed by such wonderful staff and particularly assisted by DJ. We were fortunate to meet George and expressed our sincere enjoyment of the fine and amazing food we experienced and the high standard of service. A fantastic and thoroughly enjoyable evening. We’ll definitely be back for sure. Thank you for a wonderful intro to Adelaide.

Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

I have heard great things about this restaurant so had high expectations and it did not disappoint. The pressed lamb was recommended and was just wonderful and the accompanying flavours which change due to seasonality making it something I highly urge you to try. Ask the staff about a wine to accompany and you will get a local choice which won’t disappoint.
If I am down that way again I will be back.