“Best restaurant in Adelaide”
Review of Kenji - CLOSED

Kenji
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2017

A friend recommended Kenji, and we're so glad they did. Amazing food, beautifully presented, and accompanied by friendly service. I wish there was a six-star rating. We've been told they're closing on 28 January to move to Melbourne. Adelaide's loss will be Melbourne's gain.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Last night for dinner was my first time at this restaurant (which I booked based on Trip Advisor reviews) and it won't be my last. All I can say is as a foodie and a lover of Japanese food that the food was simply fantastic. Some of the dishes were a fusion of Japanese, French and Italian but my husband and I chose traditional Japanese food comprising of one of the best mixed sashimi platters we have ever had, mixed tempura and wagu beef. All were amazing from flavour to presentation. Selection of wines was very good and at reasonable prices. Staff were particularly knowledgeable about the food and wine and very personable. Don't be put off by the outside appearance which is not particularly inviting as once inside the ambience is lovely. Highly recommended!

1  Thank ElizabethN
Reviewed 30 December 2016

On all previous visits, I have had the scallops and the Wagyu Beef! They almost have it ready when I arrive, but on this occasion (dinner for 3) we went for the 6 course degustation. They were happy to charge a very reasonable corkage for our 2009 Cristal and 2003 Dom Rose, which went perfectly with the meal. Sensational flavours.
Food was world class. Great ambience. I hear they are relocating to Melbourne. We will have to start visiting Melbourne again. One of the top 3 Adelaide restaurants for some time now. A fraction of the price you would pay in Europe.

1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Every visit to Adelaide we always make a purpose of visiting. Delicious food, wine and great service. Was quite busy for a Monday night and as usual we had an amazing experience.

1  Thank aaron g
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Five different main courses and all were excellent. The service was spot on. Staff were discrete but professional and while they never seemed to be hovering they were close enough. One of our group rates the lamb cutlets as the best he has ever eaten. High praise from a person who eats out often. We will go back again and again.

1  Thank Betty-ann H