“A great meal.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Five different main courses and all were excellent. The service was spot on. Staff were discrete but professional and while they never seemed to be hovering they were close enough. One of our group rates the lamb cutlets as the best he has ever eaten. High praise from a person who eats out often. We will go back again and again.

1  Thank Betty-ann H

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Anne and I flew in to Adelaide for a weekend (to watch the mighty Eagles destroy the hapless Crows. That went sour pretty quick. ;-(

We were staying in a B&B off Hutt Street and had no eating plans, but the B&B documentation recommended this restaurant. On Friday arvo we made a booking for Saturday night and, as it turns out, were lucky to get one.

I haven't had much luck with fusion restaurants so we stayed more-or-less traditional on the menu... provided you consider a salmon carpaccio to be traditional Japanese ;-) I was surprised to see ravioli on the specials board.

Everything was delicious, from the hors d'oeurve olives thru the entrees. But I saw a couple with a magnificent looking sashimi and sushi platter and so I asked them what they were eating. We shared the same for our main.

The Funamori platter was fantastic ... my crappy photography just doesn't do it justice. Anne said the sushi rice was the best she'd ever had, and she should know. For the first time in my life I enjoyed a raw oyster - generally they do nothing for me, which is pretty sad since I used to live in https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Tourism-g529027-Tathra_New_South_Wales-Vacations.html (which is famous for its oysters).

The staff were wonderful and we are planning to go back.

2  Thank Smacster
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Ate with a group of three girls, so we shared our food. Menu not what I expected, seems to be a fusion with Italian, buffalo mozzarella was used in some of the dishes. We stared of with vegetable and seafood tempura, it was ok , would have preferred something lighter.notsure what I ate next, some sort of sushi with duck, it was nice but different ,not an expert on Japanese food, but have eaten better, maybe we picked wrong dishes, staff lovely.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Sushi and Sashimi not the freshest. Tamago inedible. For a Sushi regular Kenji was the worst experience in Australia. A lost dining experience considering all those great restaurants around.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We visited the restaurant to have a taste of something different.
The food is created with passion and is sourced fresh from the central market in Adelaide. If you get an opportunity to talk to the chef, you will be honoured!
If Japanese food is to your taste, you'll enjoy this restaurant with relish!