“Absolutely fabulous! ”

Ranked #23 of 1,668 Restaurants in Adelaide
Price range: USD 18 - USD 41
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In the skillful hands of Bethany Finn, the culinary team have revived classic hotel cuisine. A sumptuous buffet breakfast, lunch (weekdays) and dinner is offered to both the general public and guests. Plus a wonderful High Tea experience is offered from 2pm both Saturday and Sundays. Classic dishes complemented by beautiful carvery and dessert trolleys presented to your table along with warm attentive service is the heart of this exciting new restaurant. A well structured wine list featuring a selection of hand picked South Australian wines is designed to complement each dining selection.
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited the mayflower tonight with our 17 and 15 yr old daughters to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary. We arrived, were greeting by a very warm female waitress, then shown to our table by the waitress who would b serving us throughout the evening. Honestly I cannot fault tonight. We read the reviews and decided to celebrate in style and were not disappointed. Our waitress savanna was friendly, attentive, informative and engaging. Absolutely delightful. Our entrees were delicious. Snails, lobster bisque, kingfish and liver parfait all beautiful. Main course chateaubriand which was cooked perfectly and cut like velvet, prawns and lobster pie. The serves are big so beware. We shared creme brûlée and a shortbread chocolate dessert. Amazing. Our 17 yr old said it was her favourite dining experience to date. Thank you mayflower!

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Located at the Mayfair Hotel....5 star..it was every bit 5 star. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was my husband's birthday and the staff made his evening ever so special. The dessert trolley was such a beautiful sight and hard to choose from!! I high recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Wedding anniversary demanded something different and special and this was both.
Great food, excellent service (thank you cheeky David) and an impressive wine list, but boy they know how to charge!
Lobster bisque and salmon rose starters were excellent, although the buttery pastry on the bisque was a surprise and made the dish VERY filling.
Salmon and T bone followed, the latter with a wonderful mushroom 'gravy'.
After those there was no room for any of the many desserts from the trolley, despite the best efforts of Rishi to persuade us.
I have marked it down slightly due to the cost and very limited vegetarian options, but I will be back; once I have saved up.....

Reviewed 6 January 2017

My wife and I dined at Mayflower on NYE and really enjoyed our night. The selection of dishes was a little old school, think prawn cocktail, chicken vol au vent & fillet mignon, but were all really good. The desert trolly had a good selection & the waiter was really good at explaining what each desert was.
Despite the restaurant being full for NYE the service was very good and we had a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Terrible service. Sit like in classroom. Because no staff around , you need to raise your hand to get attention and not only our table. Not worth money. Quite old style. Sweet in trolley sit in the corner of the room for hour no cover. Will not going back. Very disappointed

5  Thank Suchinda L