“Dinner for Two”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Had a big reputation and lived up to it.
Great food, wine, and atmosphere.
Service was friendly and prompt.
Would recommend if in Adelaide.

1  Thank Peter G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I have eaten at Jasmin on & off over 20 years now. We went back recently after not having been there over 6 years. Must say the food & service is fantastic as always. We were greeted by Sheila, who very quickly introduced us to the lunch specials. They do a great lunch deal on weekdays, for $30++, you get served an entree platter, a main and side dishes including rice, condiments & naan. We ordered some extra dishes. The Tandoor mushroom is my favourite dish there, it was as good as I remember. Everyone enjoyed the Tandoor Lamb, huge succulent chops. The curries were absolutely delicious. We ate so much & could not fit in dessert unfortunately as they have a good range of tasty desserts to choose from. I understand that some bad ratings were given recently as the family had stepped back from being involved, however now that they are back on board, including Mrs Singh who goes in once a week (the woman is a powerhouse!), they are right back on track in producing delicious, heartwarming meal. An Adelaide icon!

1  Thank kamalesaru
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We decided to try the Jasmin to celebrate my Dad’s birthday and although we were thoroughly impressed by the quality of the food and service here, I think we’ll be sticking to the Raj on Taj for our go to Indian. For an Indian restaurant, the portion sizes were great. We each chose an entree, main and a naan, along with a serve of seasonal vegetables to share, which was more than enough. The starters were incredible and I thoroughly recommend the mushrooms. The only negative aspect to my expert was the lamb korma. I usually choose a chicken korma when I eat Indian, as I enjoy the creamy sauce and mild flavour. Unfortunately, this korma just wasn’t what I was expecting and I was quite disappointed, although I’m sure it was authentic to Indian cuisine.
If you want to go to a nice Indian restaurant at a higher price point, I would recommend the Jasmin.

1  Thank aliceleslie36
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I love the Jasmin, have been eating there for over 20 years. The food is delicious and very authentic, lovely atmosphere, and excellent service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank sarcara
Reviewed 10 September 2018

They are located in Hindmarsh Square but in the basement, so not that easy to locate. But once you get in, you will see that its quite busy even on weekdays and thats only because of the quality of food is superb. Their blue cheeze naan and Chicken masala and Tandoori tikka are amazing.

1  Thank vyom1976