“Too much meat to be my favourite.”

Gaucho's Argentinian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 1,597 Restaurants in Adelaide
Price range: USD 19 - USD 37
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian, Argentinian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Australia's pioneering Argentinian restaurant, Gaucho's has created a passion for the char-grill and to this day is recognised as one of Australia's best.
Newcastle, Australia
“Too much meat to be my favourite.”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I dined at this restaurant last week, it was our second time here.
I have to be fair the way I say this.
This is not my favourite restaurant but in saying that, it is probably just a poor choice for me or possibly the wrong choice.
The first time here I thought I just ordered wrong. Way too much meat for me so this time I ordered differently and so did my husband.
We both ordered the Quail as an entree and it was quite nice, not outstanding, not the best we have had.
For mains MH ordered the Chargrilled prawns from the menu and I had the Bugs, they were on the special board.
We shared a Pear, pecorino and walnut salad
The prawns were not enough for my husband but that was OK because I couldn't eat all of mine. It wasn't that it was way too much, it was just too much of the same thing. 5 bugs that were OK, I thoroughly enjoyed the first 2. I should have just had an entree size with a side of veges but they only had 3 sides on offer and they were average.
I didn't like the salad which is unusual for me because I love my salad and veges, I just didn't like it. MH cleaned everything up so nothing was wasted.
MH had 2 beers and 1 glass of red wine and we shared a bottle of white wine, the total bill was $217.40. Not bad value for the food we ate.
The service was very good, the staff very nice, the wine waiter knew his stuff and recommended nice wines. The atmosphere out the front is nice. Last time we were out the back and we didn't like it there. It was quite dark.
I would recommend this restaurant for a blokes night out or for couples and groups that really enjoy a steak or lots of meat. I prefer to have a couple of smaller dishes with more variety of sides.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
“Meat meat and more meat!”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My partner and I were lucky enough to jag a table at Gaucho's on a Friday night. The restaurant was packed, so reservations are a must.

We had seafood entree's and the grilled Balmain Bugs were the best I've ever tasted. The seafood was fresh.

Main course, we chose the Parrillada de Carne for 2, a mixed grill of meats. I love my meat, but there was enough for four people and we got no where near finishing it. Order a salad on the side to freshen the meal up a bit.

The restaurant has an extensive wine list and is BYO as well. $10 each for corkage if you bring your own is a little on the high side.

Perth, Australia
“Should have listened to the waiter”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I booked this restauarnt based mainly on the trip adviser reviews. I'm glad I booked, it was a Thursday night and it filled up pretty quickly.
We asked the waiter Marcus for a wine recomendation - he picked a reasonably priced winner. We asked him for a staek recomendation (when in Rome...an all that). Sadly at teh last minute I balked and went for teh Rib Eye on the bone...my partner followed the recomendation and got the Wagyu Rump (also a cheaper steak!). Whilst my steak was really it wasn't in the same league as the rump..I shouldv've listened to the waiters recomendation.
All in all a good steakhouse...compared to the prices of food where I come from (Perth, Western Australia) it was pretty reasonably proced aswell. I'd do this again.

2 Thank littlerig
US
“Authentic Argentinian food in Australia!”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great "bifes"! Perhaps a bit overdone, but original Argentinian flavor. Also had great "churros" for dessert. Service was incredible, but space felt a bit tight.

1 Thank pickybiz
Hong Kong, China
“A tasty lunch”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

The Gaucho’s is a great Argentinean restaurant with a strong arm in handling meats and grills. We have a lunch in this restaurant. The setting of the restaurant is quite comfortable with good lighting by the window. We ordered a few lunch sets, including beef burger, fish/dirty rice, and smoked duck. All of them are nice and tasty. The beef burger is very juicy and yummy.

A great place if you would like to try some seriously prepared meats and grills.

• Visited July 2011