“Lovely meal in amazing restaurant”

Jamie's Italian Australia
Ranked #111 of 1,704 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2015

This restaurant is amazing! Extremely busy but with excellent staff who were very attentive and helpful. The menu is varied and they stock excellent wines etc. The building used to be a bank and the conversion is fantastic. Our meal was delicious and we would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

Having travelled the globe, and always dropping in on this type of establishment, we found this place lacking in attention to detail, 'embellished' menus (a 'loin of beef' turned out to be a simple sirloin steak), average food, and inattentive staff.
I expected the hype to exceed the quality, but this time the gap was huge; a local back street restaurant would have kicked them out of the park.
First time ever I have had to return beef because it was brown through when ordered M/R.

1  Thank Tipper63
Reviewed 17 May 2015

Booked a Month in Advance for a particular date to take an interstate friend for a meal, was able to book online, and all ran smoothly. The minute we walked in the door the service was excellent, we shared the bread starters at $2.50, then had crunchy fried ravioli in a spicy sauce as an entrée. Both were really tasty and wanted us waiting for more. We then had the Jamie's Italian Burger and Grilled Pork Chop, which not only looked spectacular but tasted just as good. Cracking was as crunchy as I have ever tasted, had no room for dessert, but very reasonable price for a very tasty meal.

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

I had a lovely meal which was the porcini fettucine (loved the lemon gremolata) and the epic chocolate brownie for dessert, divine. I dined alone for the first time ever but found the atmosphere and the staff to be most welcoming! Thanks for a great evening.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

Wow, where do I start. Such a shame because I had heard so many good things about this place. We had also been on a 3 month waiting list for this booking for my birthday. My husband and I visited hoping for an intimate candlelit dinner as we had specifically requested a cosy table, only to be placed in the centre of the hall with only half a metre between us and the table next to us. About 10 mins later we were finally given a menu to look at. The waiter told us about the specials and didn't return for another 15mins. My husband ordered a steak in which they replied

2  Thank Lauren9288