Lowest prices for your stay
AU$165
Good experience
Review of Ibis Adelaide
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Sept 2023
Nice compact bright clean room. Tea & coffee only
No traditional rooms service. After hours orders must be collected from reception.
Very courteous staff gave excellent service.
Very happy to book and stay again
Date of stay: September 2023
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Responded 13 Oct 2023
Dear John V,

Thank you so much for staying with us and also taking the time to give us some feedback.

It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us!

Should you decide to come to Adelaide again, please contact us directly and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more special.

AU$239
  • Hotel Website
2.0 km from Ibis Adelaide
View more hotels in Adelaide
1,947 results
All reviews grenfell street rundle mall great location vending machine rooms are small car park central location corner room comfortable bed would stay again reception staff late check city gym desk coles cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2023 via mobile

Would recommend.
Basic but clean with a service level as high as the 4-5 star Accors.
Clean, well presented, well positioned. Would come back in a heart beat.
This is not fluff review in the last three weeks we’ve stayed Canberra and Coffs Ibis so have a good understanding of the Ibis, also stay regularly in Sofitels for work here and overseas.
Thanks Ibis Adelaide team! Credit where credit is due

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daria Felde, Guest Services / Front Office at Ibis Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2023

Dear Alicia M,

What a lovely review to read!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such kind comments - I will make sure to share with the team to show that their hard work is appreciated.

I hope that we will get to see you again in the near future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2023

I stayed for 6 nights on my first visit to Adelaide. Standard Ibis twin room, clean and functionable, comfortable bed with a fridge. I was in room 1115 on the 11th floor, which had a great city view, but the windows in the upper floors go down to floor level, so if you're not great with heights it can be pretty disconcerting, and you might want to request a room on a lower level. I kept the curtains pulled for most of my stay, which wasn't that bad since I was out during daylight hours anyway. My TV turned out to be dead, but within 15 minutes of my phone call to reception, a new TV (taken from another room) had been installed in mine, saving having to move rooms. The reception staff were excellent and very helpful with requests (shout out to the lovely Canadian guy). The location is perfect if you're travelling without a car. Close to the bus stops for the airport bus and to Handorf, just a couple of minutes walk to Rundall mall, and easy walking distance to all the main sights, or the transport to get to them. I didn't use any of their facilities or restaurant.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Kay004,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our team looked after you well. I did want to take this opportunity to apologise for the mishap with the TV and any inconvenience caused, but it is good to know that our Maintenance were able to do a quick swap for you.

I hope that we will get an opportunity to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 26 April 2023

Very impressed with this hotel. Location within the CBD and walking distance to shopping and restaurants made our 5 day break extremely easy. Big thanks to all the staff, from reception staff, very friendly and professional restaurant and bar staff, and cleaning staff. We were certainly looked after.

Room tip: Very close to public transport.
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daria Felde, Guest Services / Front Office at Ibis Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2023

Dear Scooter7024,

We were absolutely thrilled to read your feedback!

Thank you so much for choosing ibis Adelaide for your city getaway and for taking the time to share some comments. We would love to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2023

Has a lot of potential, but really misses the mark. The hotel is in a great location but it’s dirty - the air con was full of dust as was the checkin desk. The carpet felt dirty. The staff were lovely but clearly run off their feet. My room had no towels in it, and it took about 20mins of calling reception before they answered (unstaffed it appears) and then another 10mins for delivery of towels. The doors aren’t soundproof and neither are the windows. There was construction outside which woke me up and the slamming of other doors. The bathroom is large but not very nice as it felt like a hospital (accessible amenities with no fuss). The bed was comfortable.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Kareen_j15,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share some honest feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay caused some disappointment - this is not the kind of experience we want any of our guests to have.

Your stay with us did indeed occur during a very busy time which affected the speed with which staff could respond to requests; not an excuse of course, and this should not occur but I just wanted to advise that it does not reflect our usual service standards.

I also wanted to apologise for the noise you had to experience - there were some unfortunate night road works happening in April and beginning of May that we could not prevent, and that had an impact on the hotel which was quite frustrating for everyone involved.

The room you were in was indeed a special access room which is why the bathroom perhaps felt like one in a hospital. I have updated your profile to ensure that we do not allocate such rooms to you in the future.

I appreciate your honest comments and wanted to once again apologise for the experience you have had. I am certain if you give us a chance to serve you again, we will be able to look after you much better!

Reviewed 12 March 2023 via mobile

The Ibis Adelaide is a budget motel in every respect (except the price). Issues: dirty carpet, cheap amenities, thin, stained towels, terrible breakfast. No hand towels in the rooms, no amenities (no lotion or conditioner, no bar soap, no cotton balls, etc.). Everything felt dirty. Shower grout stained, hair in shower, drain rusted. Each morning, silverware with stuck on remnants from previous diners were in the (unsanitary) baskets. My coffee mug one morning had a sticky film—jam from the person who used it previously?? Dining room with cheap, Mia-matched furniture. Frayed chaise lounges outside gym. For $350 per night, it was grossly overpriced. Except for one, the other staff were all pleasant. Conclusion:: STAY ELSEWHERE!

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daria Felde, Guest Services / Front Office at Ibis Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2023

Dear lovetravelXY,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and please allow me to apologise for any disappointment caused - that is certainly not the experience we want our guests to have.

We will discuss your comments within the team to make sure that we adhere to strict cleanliness standards at all times, and I was hoping that you may find the time to reach out to me directly on h8822-fo@accor.com so that I can establish what room you had stayed in as some of the issues were identified in the guest room.

Once again, I appreciate your honesty and I am truly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations.

I hope we will get an opportunity to serve you better in the future!