6 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
Kareen
Sydney, Australia

Not the best but not the worst

Review of Ibis Adelaide
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Apr 2023
Has a lot of potential, but really misses the mark. The hotel is in a great location but it’s dirty - the air con was full of dust as was the checkin desk. The carpet felt dirty. The staff were lovely but clearly run off their feet. My room had no towels in it, and it took about 20mins of calling reception before they answered (unstaffed it appears) and then another 10mins for delivery of towels. The doors aren’t soundproof and neither are the windows. There was construction outside which woke me up and the slamming of other doors. The bathroom is large but not very nice as it felt like a hospital (accessible amenities with no fuss). The bed was comfortable.
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 8 May 2023
Dear Kareen_j15,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share some honest feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay caused some disappointment - this is not the kind of experience we want any of our guests to have.

Your stay with us did indeed occur during a very busy time which affected the speed with which staff could respond to requests; not an excuse of course, and this should not occur but I just wanted to advise that it does not reflect our usual service standards.

I also wanted to apologise for the noise you had to experience - there were some unfortunate night road works happening in April and beginning of May that we could not prevent, and that had an impact on the hotel which was quite frustrating for everyone involved.

The room you were in was indeed a special access room which is why the bathroom perhaps felt like one in a hospital. I have updated your profile to ensure that we do not allocate such rooms to you in the future.

I appreciate your honest comments and wanted to once again apologise for the experience you have had. I am certain if you give us a chance to serve you again, we will be able to look after you much better!

AU$241
    AU$144
1.9 km from Ibis Adelaide
View more hotels in Adelaide
1,948 results
All reviews grenfell street rundle mall great location vending machine rooms are small car park central location corner room comfortable bed would stay again reception staff late check city gym desk coles cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2023 via mobile

The Ibis Adelaide is a budget motel in every respect (except the price). Issues: dirty carpet, cheap amenities, thin, stained towels, terrible breakfast. No hand towels in the rooms, no amenities (no lotion or conditioner, no bar soap, no cotton balls, etc.). Everything felt dirty. Shower grout stained, hair in shower, drain rusted. Each morning, silverware with stuck on remnants from previous diners were in the (unsanitary) baskets. My coffee mug one morning had a sticky film—jam from the person who used it previously?? Dining room with cheap, Mia-matched furniture. Frayed chaise lounges outside gym. For $350 per night, it was grossly overpriced. Except for one, the other staff were all pleasant. Conclusion:: STAY ELSEWHERE!

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daria Felde, Guest Services / Front Office at Ibis Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2023

Dear lovetravelXY,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and please allow me to apologise for any disappointment caused - that is certainly not the experience we want our guests to have.

We will discuss your comments within the team to make sure that we adhere to strict cleanliness standards at all times, and I was hoping that you may find the time to reach out to me directly on h8822-fo@accor.com so that I can establish what room you had stayed in as some of the issues were identified in the guest room.

Once again, I appreciate your honesty and I am truly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations.

I hope we will get an opportunity to serve you better in the future!

Reviewed 6 March 2023 via mobile

Strategically located at Adelaide CBD and next to Rundle mall. Check in is smooth and fast. And of course, the check out as well. Located near FnB and shopping. Staffs are polite and helpful. Room is cleaned. Will stat again in future. Recommended.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear EdwardLiew128,

Thank you so much for staying with us and also taking the time to give us some feedback.

It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that our staff looked after you well!

Should you decide to come to Adelaide again, please contact us directly and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more special.

Reviewed 23 February 2023 via mobile

Really impressed by my stay. Fabulous location. Comfy and clean room. I had a City View and it was amazing to have the Adelaide sun shining in every day. The staff were really great: especially when there were issues with my booking and with the vending machines. Would happily return

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Daria Felde, Guest Services / Front Office at Ibis Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2023

Dear travelg8492,

We greatly appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and our team!

If there is anything we can do make your future visits more comfortable, please do let us know.

ibis Adelaide hotel

Reviewed 13 February 2023

Unfortunately I booked in this hotel, it was a weekend and it was impossible to sleep because there is a bar near the hotel that plays music until late in the night. I told the receptionnists and they told me that it is like that the weekends, but they can´t do anything. I told the assistant manager, she told me that they will refund me a little part of my amount but there was a lie, she didn´t.
So if you want to sleep quietly look for another hotel.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Jean Michel Valmorain,

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience - it is not what we want for any of our guests. I was not able to match your name to any bookings in our hotel to definitively establish what had occurred but after speaking to all Duty Managers, one of them did brief me about such a situation and her extensive conversations with the guest. During those various options were offered that could fix the issue and she did end up rebating a part of the night's rate, proof of which she had forwarded.

If that was not you, please do email me direct on h8822-fo@accor.com so I can hopefully collect more details and follow this up.

Reviewed 28 January 2023 via mobile

Stayed recently here and found the staff friendly and hotel very clean and modern. The room I stayed in was a little small but comfortable and not a lot of space to put your suite cases . The bar and restaurant were nice with a good but small outside area to have a drink and catch up with friends . Drinks are very pricy and the food good but limited. The hotel is in a great location and in the heart of the shopping , restaurant, bar and entertainment area (Randell Mall) .

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Daria Felde, Guest Services / Front Office at Ibis Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2023

Dear Fishpot52,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed a comfortable stay despite the rooms being more on the compact side. It is also great to see that our central location was so convenient.

We would love to have an opportunity to serve you again!