“4 stars for food. 2-3 for service ”
Review of Dumplings R Us

Dumplings R Us
Ranked #559 of 1,886 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Our food was very nice. Boiled and fried dumplings and Nasi Goreng. It was nice to sit outside. The service, however, is average at best. Unsmiling and mostly unhelpful - the food may just make up for it however

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Average Chinese, perfunctory service (you order and pay at the bar but they don’t tell you this when they seat you), no distinction between entree and main (all dumped on the table as it comes, in my case with the main arriving first). Place gives the impression of not being particularly clean, young staff more interested in talking to their friends than running a ship-shape establishment. Food adequate but uninspired.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I have been strolling past this place for the last four months. Today, I finally braved it and sat down to a Laksa with Pork Wonton dumplings.

The fear of cheap eateries like this is real; it could have been terrible, but I was pleasantly surprised. The soup was good, the wontons appeared to be freshly made and the service was more than adequate for a hot $12 meal.

I can't report on the rest of the menu, but I'd be more than happy to return and sample something else.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Saw this chain in Rundle Street and thought to try it. So glad i did. It’s a little eatery-the decor is nothing flash, plastic chairs, plastic tables but the food was great!!!

Don’t dress up - its a casual place but well worth it for the food.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

This was the second time I visited for dinner, staying in a nearby hotel. It is a "cheap eats" restaurant so shouldn't be confused as something it's not - but within this category of dining it's a fine example and I'll visit again on my next trip to Adelaide.

Prices are reasonable, the restaurant has a busy vibe and although there isn't table service I was impressed when one of the staff noticed I was having difficulty in separating the bok choy leaves and brought me additional cutlery, unrequsted.

The dumplings are tasty, and I also like the chilli chutney combo and other condiments. I felt comfortable as a solo diner, with tables of various sizes turning over regularly.