“Quick and friendly ”
Review of Cathedral Hotel

Cathedral Hotel
Ranked #425 of 1,871 Restaurants in Adelaide
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Quick meal with work colleagues. Burger and beer for $20, generous serve and a delicious burger plus tasty fries! The server was friendly and obviously enjoys her job.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Had a pub lunch here today and it was disgraceful. Ordered the grilled barramundi and got a slither of a fillet and 10 fries exact with half a hand full of lettuce. It was smaller than a kids meal.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I’m normally fairly generous with my ratings on restaurants but in this instance the Cathedral just didn’t make it on many levels.
I thought it was quite a cavernous sort of place with not a lot of atmosphere, just a drinking hole really. We ate in the front bar as the rooftop bar/restaurant was heaving with a rowdy after work crowd.
The menu I thought was simple with typical pub fare, but what really got to me was what poor value for money it was.
My wife’s salt and pepper squid was the smallest serve I’ve ever seen in a pub. She said it tasted OK but nothing special.
My scotch fillet however at $36 was really lacking.
It wasn’t a very good cut of meat at all, kind of tough and chewy and I know my scotch fillets.
What really got me was what accompanied it......cous cous with small pieces of vegetables mixed through, and that was it. Nothing else, no sauce, no jus and basically no imagination.
Totally, totally wrong and quite unappetising.
I was quite hungry so at $36 I ground my way through but I wasn’t happy.
My previous visit here was about a year earlier with a group and our meals then were tasty, delicious and good value.
What a difference a year can make.
Won’t be coming back here again.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

As a venue near Adelaide oval, knew that an event was on so had plenty of staff on and food was available earlier then normal. The pizza was awesome - one of the best that I have had.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Spontaneous lunch here due to child in hospital. So location was suitable. Rooftop bar is nice and modern and lunch special chicken salad was delicious and arrived quickly. Service was friendly and professional with everything clean and good. That night was the crows final so glad we didn't try dinner with the opposition cheer squad. Great for a footy night or before adelaide oval event.