“A gem in Carrington St”

Ranked #77 of 1,944 Restaurants in Adelaide
Price range: USD 11 - USD 20
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Faraja is a Swahili word for 'relief, comfort, hope and encouragement' which reflects our philosophy to provide a space where people are able to have a casual dining experience and connect with family and friends with good food, wine and conversation. The idea of our menu is to encourage sharing of globally inspired dishes and has been designed to allow multiple courses, therefore experiencing a journey of flavours.
Reviewed 27 March 2018

What a great place! the personable welcome from Peter, the ambience, great food and choices. You can choose to eat casual on the front opening alfresco, or inside. Such a gem of a place. food was in good portion size, so tasty.
We will be back

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Glen S

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We had a brilliant dinner with knowledgeable and friendly staff and wonderful food.
Sitting outdoors in the sunset with a bottle of wine added to the amazing experience!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Service was great for lunch, not a lot of other customers.
Meal sizes were larger than we expected for Tapas style.
Good wine list with some great wines.
We had chicken wings that were OK.
Haloumi which my wife ordered with bread and was great.
Grilled squid salad which was enormous, the squid was plain but tender.
My wife ordered beetroot cured salmon which was great.
Overall a good friday lunch.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Mates and I were in town for the Ashes. Didn't expect to find such good food but how wrong we were. Exciting and exotic menu put together by a friendly, knowledgable and well traveled owner. We had a spicy peanut curry - cant remember the name but probably the best food we had over in Oz. 10/10 from this pleasantly surprised Pom.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Critical P
Reviewed 22 February 2018

My wife and I attended for a special occasion. She had eaten at the previous location and was a big fan. I now understand why. The food was plentiful and delicious. It was nice to taste each dish and be impressed by the flavour. My wife was impressed by how fresh everything was. The service was good. They were there when you needed them not when you didn't. When judging a restaurant I always judge it by how keen I would be to return? I have decided I need to return next week. Evidently the share desert is amazing.

Date of visit: February 2018