All reviewsflight paththese apartmentswashing machine and dryernorth adelaidesecure parkingold lion apartmentso connell streetadelaide ovalcomfortable furnituregreat locationthe ground floorsmall kitchenettearound the cornerwould definitely stay here againfree wifionly stayed one nightcheck in was easy
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Part of the Majestic Adelaide accommodation group. I have also stayed in two others in this group. Usually check-in and key pick up is at The Majestic Old Lion, a short drive, a few streets away. After 11pm, just ring from the phone outside The Tynte St apartments, and management will give you the code to retrieve your room key from the box. There is a carpark with an automated gate/key at the rear of the property, accessible from a back lane. The apartments themselves contain all facilities, are well-finished, spacious, with comfortable soft beds, kitchenettes, dryer and washing machine. My only issue is you can hear voices and noises echoing through the buildings, from people arriving and leaving at all hours. Even in the back apartments. The street ones also had the added issue of noise of people walking past, but than that it's a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Away from street side.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Citycountrygal82
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Dear Citycountrygal82,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comprehensive review of the property, I welcome your comments about the facilities provided within the rooms. Check in is now available directly to the site via the telephone located at the front of the property, there is no requirement to come to Majestic Old Lion Apartments unless a same day booking/arrival. Once again I appreciate your comments and look forward to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

Have stayed here before, and haven't been disappointed. Great spacious room, huge bed, well
Stocked kitchen, has washing machine and dryer. Bathroom very small but clean. Only 2 towels when 4 were staying but a great location and love the secure car parking.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah W

Dear Sarah W,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you found our apartments comfortable on your recent stay once more. I thank you for your comments and look forward to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Discovered these wonderful apartments last minute. Very comfortable, roomy, clean. Convenient location close to restaurants, and only 10 to 15 minutes walk to Adelaide Oval and Entertainment centre. Excellent secure and private carpark. Definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear mooshka1,

Thank you for your review and I welcome your kind words on your recent stay with us & I do look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

Enjoyed a two night weekend with my wife , Had a great day at Adelaide oval followed by a very enjoyable night at the Lion . Many nice cafes , restaurant's and pubs within walking distance and a nice comfortable king bed .

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear Clayton J,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the King bed comfortable, we receive many comments about the quality of our bedding. I thank you for your comments and look forward to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

Booked in for 4 nights whilst in Adelaide on both business and pleasure. Arriving late after a long day of travel the check in process via phone and key safe was very simple and the receptionist happily answered all my questions. The room was on the second floor with lovely view toward Adelaide and the hills, facing Tynte St. We were initially worried about road noise, but there was absolutely none.
The rooms are very comfortable, king size bed and sittling area. On the website I was lead to believe the bedroom was separate to the living area, which was not the case in our room, but it was not a major problem. Cleanliness was exceptional, beds comfortable, well heated and the bathroom whilst small, was adequate and included a washing machine and dryer which was very useful. Free wifi was included in the room.
The location is perfect, only just off O'Connell St, with eating houses and shopping within a short walk. We were very spoiled for food choices. It is a short walk into Adelaide city and even closer to the River Torrens, although we did not have time to take advantage of this.
Carparking is in a back street, which initially was tricky to find, but it is secure, spacious and included in the price.
Downsides - the stairwell is noisy, and a room near there could be noisy, ours was well away so we were not disturbed.
I experienced a disappointing experience, wherein we were charged twice for the room, once when we booked an again when we departed on the credit card we used for the bond. I had to make several phone calls to ask for the refund and was spoken to rather rudely by one staff member in particular. I was repeatedly promised it would be addressed straight away, but took 2 weeks. I finally got onto a very helpful lady who addressed the problem straight away and did call me back to confirm it had been sorted and was extremely apologetic for the mistake and problems in getting it resolved. Hopefully this isn't a regular occurrence.
We would stay here again providing we are assured the charging issues are not repeated.

Room Tip: Away from stairwell. No lift and 2 storey, so if stairs are a problem ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2015

Dear Amanda M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review. I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us and was delighted to hear that you found our apartments comfortable during your stay. My apologies if there was inconvenience caused in relation to the charge on your credit card, this was caused by the initial pre-authorisation of the card for your stay and another transaction occurring upon check out. I was disappointed to hear that initially our staff was not helpful but pleased the matter was able to be corrected. Again for the inconvenience caused and the need for you to contact us to rectify post stay. I do look forward welcoming you back in the future on your next visit.