We stayed here for two nights, the room was well furnished and a decent size but the view was of the multi-story car park. Having seen other reviews on here, I suspect that this might be the case with all the rooms.
Check-in wasn't great because they don't seem to have any porters - we arrived with four large suitcases (and hand luggage) and when our taxi pulled up outside I nipped in to ask for some help, only to be told that they don't have anyone, so I had to keep running from the pavement to the reception desk with everything. The same for when we checked out - which was a bit disappointing.
The location is good and perfect for walking straight into the city centre, there are also plenty of places to eat and drink within a minute or two.
The hotel offers free wi-fi (which is a rarity in Australia it seems) and you can also access it using the broadband cable if you have a laptop.
The only real disappointment was the roof garden - it's a small area that has a few potted plants. And the gym wasn't exactly state-of-the-art either. But Adelaide is such a lovely city and you probably wouldn't be spending that much time in the hotel anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel is the award winning four-and-a-half (4.5) star flagship property of Majestic Hotels. Opened in Adelaide in 2004 and awarded the Best Value Hotel in 2009, it has been created with the discerning traveller in mind and despite its upmarket appearance, provides great deals on accommodation. Location is key. This Adelaide hotel is only 50 metres from the ever-vibrant Rundle Street with its huge variety of bars, restaurants and eclectic shopping. Walk 5 minutes to Rundle Mall or 10 minutes to the Art Gallery, Adelaide University and Museum. 20 minutes will find you at the Adelaide Convention Centre, National Wine Museum or Adelaide Zoo. All 120 rooms feature modern bathrooms, king size beds, full mini-bar, 24-hour room service and in-room broadband. Plus all the usual conveniences you would expect from a 4.5 star hotel such as 24-hour reception, security card access, business centre, mini-gymnasium, outstanding in-house restaurant and on-site secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Majestic Roof Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Roof Garden Adelaide
- Hotel Majestic Roof Garden
- Majestic Roof Garden Hotel Adelaide, South Australia