2,461 results
All reviews opposite the railway station north terrace tram stop adelaide oval rundle mall public transport casino cbd
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have recently had a three night stay at this hotel. It's location is good, very close to the city centre. However if you have any problem with negotiating steps do not use this hotel. There is access from the main entry to the lobby and to the rooms. However when it comes to breakfast you have to access the Buffett via a flight of 14 stairs to the first level, then 2 more to the Buffett. Not easy, not happy. Our room was quite good three large windows that had a view of a concrete wall a couple of meters away, so NO VIEW. We had mosquitoes and small spiders in our room. Went to the front desk to ask for some insect spray, only to be told they don't have any, but there is a conviniance store a short walk up the street. When we checked in, we noticed an empty drink can on the floor next to a lounge seat on the second floor corridors. This can was not moved until the day of our check out three days later when I brought it to the attention of one of the front office staff. Shows a lack of attention to cleanliness of the hotel. In house dining at the hotel is very scarce, maybe around 30 seats, so need to book in advance. Would we stay there again? Only as a last resort.

Date of stay: November 2018
Mercure_Adelaide, Manager at Mercure Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dennis,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Kind regards,
Courtney, Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the hotel is very converience to trams,railway station and comvention centre. Walk anywhere in Adelaide is no problem. Good basic hotel for a short stay.Rooms were clean, bathroom had been redone in pleasant colours. Beds were comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_Adelaide, Assistant Front Office Manager at Mercure Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear deidrec162,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide.

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

I completely agree with you about the location of the hotel being great; close by to everything.

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon for another magnifique journey with us.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I always stay at the Mercure Grosvenor when visiting AdelaideFriendly staff. Rooms clean and comfy . Close to everything.Tram out the front. Casino across the road. Its an older hotel but very good. They have parking which is secure.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sunshine00653998055,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A 4 day stay. Booking and check in were smooth.
Check out: Charged for incorrect breakfast items (see below).
Rooms: Neat, tidy and clean. no mini bar, as it is a self choice mini bar selected from a list of available options. I think it means whatever you choose you pay for as having consumed. I could be wrong a I didn't use the mini bar.
Room servicing: Although I see cleaners start reasonably early, for some reason my room is always the last one or near enough (around 2-3pm) to get done; despite the sign on my door to "please clean my room"
24 hour access.
Breakfast: what a debacle! Too few tables mean guests are waiting (on a stair case I might add) to be seated, sometimes up to 10 minutes. When I finally got a table, put my stuff down and got some breakfast; some other guests had rudely taken my table (with my jacket, wallet and phone)!!! Because the staff were so flustered, I was charged for two people, on my own at checkout. I did receive the credit back.
The higher priced rooms face the noisy North Tce street (trams, ambulances, cars, trucks, late night revelers and drunkards; but it is the CBD.
My room was on the side, so it was nice and quiet.
You have to pay for Wi-Fi

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear RobertD,

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay occurred in securing a table during breakfast period as well as for the incorrect billing of the breakfast items and also, for housekeeping not getting your room cleaned in a timely fashion.

You are absolutely correct about our minibar system, Due to major volume of guest feedback, we recently changed our in-room minibar system by making it minibar-on-demand.

It does give me immense pleasure that your room was nice and quiet, as per your liking. We have complimentary wi-fi throughout the entire hotel and I shall check with out Internet Provider as to why you received the message that wi-fi is chargeable.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

The Hotel is in a great location for exploring the city. Tram stop about 20 meters away, short walk to river, Adelaide Oval. Lots of restaurants close by.Rooms are okay for an older Hotel, some renovations are needed. The Hotel foyer is nice and staff were friendly. Its a shame the Hotel doesn't have a pool.

Date of stay: October 2018