1,442 results
All reviews free tram bit dated across the road good size convenient location would stay again around the corner tram stop car parking city
Reviewed 9 September 2018

The Hotel is lovely good clean rooms, lovely staff, good breakfast. We were on the street side overlooking the park very nice. Would have been good if there was the little packets of biscuit with the tea and coffee station, for when you come in from a long day touring. Just a small detail. Also as a group would have been good to have dinner there as well, we had dinner down the road, OK for some, but we had quite an elderly group and it was lucky it wasn't raining.

Room Tip: Street side rooms over look the park
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Oh so sad to experience this hotel and get very little sleep. The Chifley is incredibly old-fashioned: 1.An air-conditioner that didn't work. 2.Very poorly sound-insulated walls that allowed sounds from 3 sides of our room to interfere markedly with our sleep. 3. Our shower was a dribble at best. 4. The flushing button on our WC had to be punched to make the flush work. In short,this hotel is in very great need of an upgrade.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Very disappointing. No mini bar. Staff when checking in not very welcoming or friendly. Bed was harder then the floor so unable to sleep. Booked a room with a balcony, we got a room on the ground floor. No room service. No information in room about what’s around. Breakfast buffet was horrible. Could hear the tv from the people next door. No mini bar, so if you want a drink or snack you have to go to reception. Massive let down compared to when we stayed a few years ago. I’m guessing things aren’t going well.
One positive was the shower was nice.

DO NOT STAY THERE

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Deciding to stay in Adelaide overnight prior to attending a conference with an early morning start, I relied on my memory of this hotel which was a mistake. After checking in I realised the establishment was being renovated with lots of barriers and work place equipment making it look like a building site. When I tried to park my vehicle, one of the parking areas was roped off and the remaining area was completely full. When I asked at the desk where I could park (and it was bucketing down outside) I was told fairly abruptly "we own the motel next door so you can park there or on the street, you choose". Now keeping in mind the closer option was the street but that is busy South Terrace, not a great place to leave your car overnight. Room was basic, lights didn't work, it was as noisy as and I could go on as rather than that I won't go back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank RPS17
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

1st of all they guy who answered the phone when I called to confirm my booking was rude unfortunately I didn’t catch he’s name. Broken tv remote, broken power point in bathroom ( if my kids had been with me I would have checked out immediately). Illegal and unsafe. Mouldy around shower screen. On a good note the gentleman who greeted me on arrival and checked me in was very nice and helpful. $11 breakfast for cereal and coffee .

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business