Lowest prices for your stay
AU$179
Get rewarded with One Key
KLOOK
AU$151
Jill M
Many issues with the Stamford
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Feb 2024
The big plus for this hotel is its location with easy access to trams and trains. Also the bed was comfortable (I'm trying to begin on a positive note.) The downsides? There are quite a few I'm afraid. To begin with, parking is a hassle. You drive yourself to a multi-storey carpark in Hindley St, after paying $30 to the hotel and receiving a barcode that (theoretically) allows you to exit upon your departure. In my case, the barcode didn't register so I had to use my credit card to get out. Hopefully the hotel will reimburse me for this. I was also surprised to see no streaming services on the TV in my room. Another issue is the breakfast which I would describe as average. For example, there were just two bread choices - sliced wholemeal or sliced white. There was no sourdough or rye or other artisan breads that many hotels offer as a matter of course. Nearby was the the self-serve tea-making machine which some people struggled to operate. One elderly gentleman ended up pouring hot water everywhere and I watched another man give up altogether and order coffee from the barista. (An alert staff member would have been able to help.) Now, if you eat meat, you may be very pleased with the endless supply of bacon and sausages on offer but as a vegetarian, I felt that there was, overall, little value for money. In the UK, it is common for B&B's to offer vegetarian sausages as an option and this would have made my day! Yes, if I'd wanted something hot, I could have had mushrooms and tomatoes and a lot of people opted for a freshly-cooked omelette. I bypassed this option as I'm reluctant to eat eggs from caged birds and there was no indication that the eggs were free-range. In addition, although I was travelling solo, I paid for two breakfasts both mornings because there was no other option when I booked online. So ... some fresh fruit and toast cost me, from memory, $140. However, these issues pale in comparison to the ... OMG ... the mural along the wall beside the swimming pool. Seriously? In 2024?? If you are a woman - be warned! One illustration shows a man ogling a 'well-endowed' woman in a bikini; another man appears to be harassing a woman by tugging at her towel. (She looks horrified). And if you have a weight issue you might be alarmed by the (supposedly humorous) portrayal of an obese man gorging himself on massive quantities of junk food. This particular image is also obscene but I won't go into that. Management!! Please consider the messages this puerile artwork sends to women, to children and to people struggling with their weight. These poor souls may already be feeling self-conscious in their bathers.
So ... having said all that - this hotel is in a great location and the beds are comfortable but I won't be back!
AU$239
4.0 km from Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Free parking
View more hotels in Adelaide
3,989 results
All reviews la boca great location rooftop pool north terrace buffet breakfast room service valet parking rundle mall art gallery business trip an upgrade central location around the corner tram stop public transport casino concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2024

Location is fantastic as Adelaide oval and Rundle Mall are both easy walking distance. Parking is available at the motel. Linc at reception was amazing as he was friendly, efficient and made you feel very welcome. Thankyou we will stay again

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robe_Seafood
Stamford Plaza Adelaide Management Team, Other at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2024

Dear Robe_Seafood,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your stay at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide.

We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your positive comment surrounding our strategic location and our team efficiency. We will share your compliments with Linc from the concierge department personally.

We hope to see you on a return visit and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Best regards,

Stamford Plaza Adelaide Management.

Reviewed 14 February 2024

A very good experience. The Concierge (Linc and colleagues) and Front Desk staff were excellent and dealt with external factors (road/Carpark closures) effectively and efficiently. The updates recently implemented in the room are evident, and good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mick U

Dear853micku,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your stay.

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience surrounding our recent enhancement and we will share your positive feedback with Linc and the Front desk team, thank you for choosing to stay with the Stamford Plaza Adelaide.

Best Regards,

Stamford Plaza Adelaide Management

Reviewed 11 February 2024

Linc has helped us the last 2 times we have stayed and we appreciate him fitting our car into the private parking and just being helpful in general making our stay relaxing 😌. Our boys had a great time in the pool and room service was fantastic.
Thankyou!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jayden R
Stamford Plaza Adelaide Management Team, Other at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2024

Dear jaydenr725,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent experience at Stamford Plaza Adelaide.

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback surrounding our pool and room service experience, and we will share your compliments with Linc personally.

We value your support and do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and family back in near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2024 via mobile

On arriving it was late and we had just had a diffucult couple of hours, Linc the concierge must have noticed and was very kind to approach me while I waited for my husband parking the car and gave us 2 free drinks. This definately helped to Mke the rest of our night a great one Dining in La Boca with friends and finding a great whisky cocktail bar..
The bed was soooo comfortable and room very neat and clean.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank V1163TCsamm
Stamford Plaza Adelaide Management Team, Other at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2024

Dear V1163TCsamm,

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and we will share your compliments with our concierge team / Linc and the rest of the team surrounding your positive dining experience in La Boca and the cleanliness of our room.

We value your support and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2024

The Hotel was good and staff friendly. The room we had was a Junior suite is was very spacious and well layed out. The bed was comfortable but a little to soft for us, the bathroom was good but the water system was not working properly, when you want cold water you wasted a lot before it got cold, and the shower was the same if you not careful you could get burned. The coffee satchels were old and hard very dissapointing after a great start. Did not report to staff as only staying over night.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stamford Plaza Adelaide Management Team, Other at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2024

Dear MECH1953,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us.

We do value this feedback and will be sharing this with our management team and review improvement opportunities in areas that you have highlighted and thank you for your positive comment surrounding our team friendliness and our room layout.

Should the travel opportunity present itself please reach out to me directly so that I can be of service.

Best regards,