“Nice place nice staff”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
“Nice place nice staff”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed in December with a Scoopon voucher. Door key didn't work, and continued to not work for the day and night. However despite being busy the staff did everything they could to make it easier for us and made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed for on a Saturday night using a voucher purchased online. We had our car valet parked which is not cheap, but convenient, and much more secure than trying to find a park on the street. The checking in did take a little while, as there were about 4 couples ahead of us, but it was probably only 10 minutes. The receptionist was very friendly, professional, and efficient, and she gave us our chilled bottle of sparkling wine without needing to be reminded (part of the package). Our room was delightful, large enough for us to spread out things out without feeling cramped. The bed and linen was very comfortable, and there is a pillow menu if you are particular about that. The bathroom is stuff that dreams are made of, large, beautifully fitted out, and best of all sparkling clean. I didn't have time to use the bath unfortunately, but it was big and deep, and you could watch the tv through the glass window! Save that for next time.
We enjoyed the buffet breakfast the next morning, even though we were there in the last half hour, they continued to cook fresh food to restock the bay maries. The room was a little hot, but just from overhearing my comment, the manager dashed off to turn up the airconditioning before I even had a chance to ask.
Check out at 12 was fabulous, car was delivered promptly.
I have read the other reviews, and all I can say is that I think the staff have taken all criticisms and suggestions on board, and seem to be addressing them. We were very impressed and would love to stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mattandness
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was impressed during my stay here. The staff were always friendly and helpful. My room was great apart from the view of the office block next-door. It was clean, very comfortable bed. Bathroom was modern with great water pressure and heaps of hot water. A friend staying at a nearby hotel complained about his bathroom and hot water.For the first time a hotel maid actually followed my request not to change my towel each day. When I checked out I was left with a pleasant feeling about entire stay. Would recommend this hotel and stay there again on my next visit. The only reason I did not give five stars was a computer glitch which kept charging for something I had not ordered.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My partner planned a night here for our anniversary as a surprise. When I found out, I was so excited as I'd always wanted to stay here. The staff at check in were efficient but not overly friendly. When we got to our room, I thought it was lovely - spacious and well decorated. Unfortunately though, my partner had arranged to have the room set up prior to our arrival and this did not happen. When he rang the front desk to ask why it wasn't set up, the receptionist argued with him that it was and that he must not have noticed! We believe they must have somehow put us in the wrong room. My partner had also pre ordered wine which they didn't have available for us! 3 phone calls later, they finally apologized and had some bubbles and chocolate truffles sent up for us free of charge. While we were initially disappointed, we were happy that they did try and make up for their mistake. Room service dinner was great and was impressed with their menu. The movies on demand were definitely not as good as we have seen at other establishments but were sufficient. Pool was okay but there was very limited space to leave your towels without them being in the walkway of other people. On a whole, we had an enjoyable stay but the service isn't up to scratch. We'd come back but it wouldn't be our first choice. If the service matched the rest of the hotel, it would be amazing!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Jocus
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was my second stay at the Rendezvous and once again I was impressed by all facets of the service provided. I stayed in room 1211 with a view to the south. Not quite the same panoramic window as my last visit - floor to ceiling glass on the 16th floor - but impressive all the same.
The bed was very comfortable, I could adjust the air-conditining and all the lights etc worked as they should. As always I am bemused the variety of light switches at the bedside you can choose from!
I didn't use any guest facilities this stay and had room service for both dinner and breakfast both days. The quality of these meals is very high and my recommendation is to under-order. The portions are generous.
My intention remains to make this my hotel of choice whn travelling to SA for business.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business