“Reunion in Adelaide”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was impressed during my stay here. The staff were always friendly and helpful. My room was great apart from the view of the office block next-door. It was clean, very comfortable bed. Bathroom was modern with great water pressure and heaps of hot water. A friend staying at a nearby hotel complained about his bathroom and hot water.For the first time a hotel maid actually followed my request not to change my towel each day. When I checked out I was left with a pleasant feeling about entire stay. Would recommend this hotel and stay there again on my next visit. The only reason I did not give five stars was a computer glitch which kept charging for something I had not ordered.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My partner planned a night here for our anniversary as a surprise. When I found out, I was so excited as I'd always wanted to stay here. The staff at check in were efficient but not overly friendly. When we got to our room, I thought it was lovely - spacious and well decorated. Unfortunately though, my partner had arranged to have the room set up prior to our arrival and this did not happen. When he rang the front desk to ask why it wasn't set up, the receptionist argued with him that it was and that he must not have noticed! We believe they must have somehow put us in the wrong room. My partner had also pre ordered wine which they didn't have available for us! 3 phone calls later, they finally apologized and had some bubbles and chocolate truffles sent up for us free of charge. While we were initially disappointed, we were happy that they did try and make up for their mistake. Room service dinner was great and was impressed with their menu. The movies on demand were definitely not as good as we have seen at other establishments but were sufficient. Pool was okay but there was very limited space to leave your towels without them being in the walkway of other people. On a whole, we had an enjoyable stay but the service isn't up to scratch. We'd come back but it wouldn't be our first choice. If the service matched the rest of the hotel, it would be amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Jocus
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was my second stay at the Rendezvous and once again I was impressed by all facets of the service provided. I stayed in room 1211 with a view to the south. Not quite the same panoramic window as my last visit - floor to ceiling glass on the 16th floor - but impressive all the same.
The bed was very comfortable, I could adjust the air-conditining and all the lights etc worked as they should. As always I am bemused the variety of light switches at the bedside you can choose from!
I didn't use any guest facilities this stay and had room service for both dinner and breakfast both days. The quality of these meals is very high and my recommendation is to under-order. The portions are generous.
My intention remains to make this my hotel of choice whn travelling to SA for business.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We found this on a "mystery hotel" on Wotif, it was the only one with a pool so it wasn't easy to miss.

The room was large and excellent, huge bathroom.

Very elegant, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed in this hotel on a wotif deal. Nice spacious room and bathroom. Concierge was very helpful in finding me good economical public transport to the Elton John concert.

Did not eat at hotel or use room service. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011