“Great deal”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We got the early bird deal on this hotel and were very happy with the hotel. The location was the main point as we where in town for the Schutzenfest and also wanted to have easy access to both the Central markets and the mall. I liked the room, a good size and a big bathroom.

A great place if you are in town for a few days.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Small hotel in the centre of the city that doesn't have all the flash facilities of the big chains but makes up for it with good value, friendly and helpful staff and a great atmosphere. Valet parking is quick and no fuss for a good price. Glasshouse restaraunt was being refurbished this time but they still managed a good breakfast in a conference room. A bit slow in refreshing the coffee but understandable under the circumstances. Good place to stay!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Last night my husband an I stayed at the Rendezvous Hotel..the accomadation was a gift to us from my brother..who paid $179.00 through Scoopons (Special Offer) for the Voucher..It was to include a Deluxe King Suite, Spa bath, Bubbly, and full Buffet Breakfast in the beautiful Glasshouse Restaraunt..and vouchers for massages etc..yesterday i rang the hotel to confirm our booking..Mmm they had no record of it..they did however say they could give us another room, just not that room..as we were celebrating my husbands birthday..we had no coice but to take the other room..When we arrived..there was a line up to check in..one couple had been waiting 90 mins..as there room was not ready..this was at 4.30 pm..checkin is at 3pm Mmmm..We were handed a bottle of bubbly at reception..and was offered free valet parking, normally $28.00 seeing as they lost our original booking...there was no Porter on offer..and no directions to our room..easily found anyway..I must say..the interior of the lifts were very nice..and made us believe the room would be awesome..:( room was not very large..the view from the large windows..was that of scungy back lanes and old rooftops..no spa bath..no Champagne Glasses for our bubbly..just wine glasses..audible voices in corridor..no privacy..no exhust fans in bathroom..and no toilet lid..other than this..room was unremarkable..my husband and i have stayed in many hotels..and i would only give this hotel a 2 star rating..very disappointing..Breakfast Mmmmm..Glasshouse Restaraunt was undergoing a major renovation..which the hotel would have known..at the time of the Scoopon offers..we were shuffled into an old board room. they had set up for the Buffet Breakfast..No view..we felt like a mole in a hole..table cloth was dirty, and cutlery missing..breakfast was nice..but cold..waiting staff..unfriendly and unprofessional..no apologys for the Glasshouse Restaraunt being unavailable...We had earlier given valet parking notice, we would require our car in 30 mins time..when we went to get it..it was parked in the back lane..we left the hotel feeling ripped off..we were not even given our massage vouches etc..Im glad we ourselves never paid for the hotel..appreciate that my brother gave this to us as a gift..we would not recommend this hotel at the price it is..to anyone..I would consider this hotel in the vicinity of $120-$140 a night..even then..we have stayed in better for less.

Room Tip: Try a different Hotel
3  Thank CalliewithaC
Reviewed 26 January 2012

READ THIS BEFORE BOOKING!!! First time getting away from my business in 7 years, slap on some casual clothes and head interstate for what seemed like an easy couple of days away. On first arrival, no car parking to even prepare to check in, driveway entrance was blocked by three cars and what seemed like limousine drivers, so taking the risk, a loading zone served well. After heaving open the doors to the lobby with the staff watching me, I proceed to the concierge desk where a line has formed for people
Checking in. After a short wait, I was second in line, in front a middle aged couple in great spirits, obviously looking forward to their
Stay, but we're quickly shut down by rude and ridiculous service from a member behind the desk. Clearly annoyed the couple headed off to check out their room with their tails
Between their legs. Now for my turn, I'm greeted by a man I could barely understand and rushed through the checkin process like i was an unwelcome guest, having to ask directions at the end of the checkin seemed to be something I shouldn't have to do,  but was clearly not welcome to. After finally organising my car to be parked for me, I was off to explore my executive spa suite. Listening to the air con sounds, street noise and general humming 12 stories up, I open the door to an interesting two room apartment. First room consists of out dated and un matching furniture complete with a tiny fridge, two spoons and two mugs built in a tv cabinet with no DVD player and small LCD screen. On my left was a tiny desk that could fit my laptop and maybe a pocket writing pad. Interested to see what other disappointed features I would find, I went on to explore the bedroom. The bed was made, which was a start, by now anything would impress me, apart from the small black hairs across the top cover, the under sheets looked to be clean. The bed was comfortable and large, but the hair was a major off put. Onto the bathroom, nice bathroom, two problems, 1. The shower floor was stained and old, 2. There was a slight step into the bathroom with a sharp edge. 1st attempt of stepping into the bathroom with no shoes on resulted in a stubbed toe and blood spilling everywhere, of course there was no first aid kit to be found so I towel wrapped around the foot until the bleeding stopped would do. After not even being able to throw on some DVDs I thought it was time to explore Adelaide. Dial 5, for valet parking. "sure sir, I will have your car ready in 30 minutes" after a long wait i see my car being driven across from the public car park on the next block. My car is parked in the entrance drive to the hotel but blocked in from the front by two other cars with their drivers having a chat to the valet who is hanging out of the front seat of my car. I am then handed the keys and expected to reverse out into traffic. Appalled by the way things were going I then made the decision to stay one night and move to another hotel the next day. On check out, I had expected to pay for my next few nights that I was forfeiting anyway but was able to get away with just paying a$75 dollar fee, which was the first good thing to happen. The concierge seemed to be uninterested why i was checking out so early, so it was off to the Hilton for the rest of my stay in Adelaide. After coming straight from the Fraser suites executive suites in Sydney to the rendezvous Adelaide I was sadly disappointed. Bad service, out of date room, lack of suite facilities, and very poor parking and access. Staying at the rendezvous Adelaide was a bad move and would not be made again. A best western motel would have been equivalent to this, obviously without a bar.

• Stayed: January 2012
6  Thank Tennisball76
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Amazingly spacious rooms and very friendly staff at this nice hotel in the heart of Adelaide. The location's great as it is a few minutes from Rundle Street Mall and Victoria Square. Well, there's only so much you can do in Adelaide! Try taking the tram to Moseley Square in the evening, great views of the sunset.
The breakfast spread is decent and there's a nice pool as well. All in all, great value for money and I'd surely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business