The challenge I have here is that I stay at the IC about 100 nights per year so I am after the comfort of a long term relationship rather than the flashy excitement of a one night stand (pardon the pun). Interestingly enough it took an email to the GM to get some attention to what I considered to be unacceptable levels of service and the GM took time out to have a coffee with me (which we have repeated since) to explore my concerns. Since that time I have been treated extremely well and feel like a valued customer - something that was definitely missing last year before the current management team came on board.
Yes, there are plenty of things that could be improved - front of house is still too dependent on who you get - lucky I get Clare and Matthew most of the time, the Club lounge snacks could do with a refresh now and again, the marbling in the rooms is a bit daggy (but, realistically, far too expensive and disruptive to replace), the Docomo system is laggy and frustrating and the room service menu could be updated every now again but there is a lot to like about the place, especially if you are a regular...
The location is great, walking around the Torrens in the morning is a pleasure. The gym is the best in Adelaide (I know because I stayed at the rest of the Adelaide business hotels) and it has a steam room (so well hidden it took me five months to find), a sauna and a spa. The club lounge is like a home away from home but without TV and squabbling (but sometimes with far too many traveling Americans). Room service is great and the rooms now have new beds which are great - pillow menu would be an improvement.
So, bottom line, this is the best hotel to stay in Adelaide if you want a home away from home. If you just want glitz and glamour, well you probably should be heading to Sydney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned exclusively along the banks of the River Torrens, adjacent to the Adelaide Festival Centre, Adelaide Convention Centre and the Casino, InterContinental Adelaide effortlessly blends luxury with comfort. Each of our 367 spacious, well appointed guestrooms offer clean designs and an elegant marble bathroom featuring walk-in shower, separate bath and large vanity area. Specifically designed for the needs of the global traveller, each guestroom offers uninterrupted views across the historic city of Adelaide, high speed internet access and a spacious and ergonomically designed work area. For more than two decades the hotel’s collection of 21 suites have been home to world leaders, heads of state and visiting celebrities from across the globe. To take exclusivity and luxury a level further, our Club InterContinental, located on level 21, offers private lounge access for the most discerning of guests. Enjoy an elegant meal in our signature restaurant, Riverside, or indulge in award-winning Japanese cuisine in Shiki. Both restaurants boast extensive wine lists featuring a selection of award-winning Adelaide wines and rare gems designed to complement your dining experience perfectly. The Atrium Lounge provides an elegant, relaxing atmosphere for afternoon tea, cocktails or late-night drinks. It is the ideal place to unwind on a Friday night, with happy hour from 5:00pm and fantastic live entertainment that continues throughout the weekend. Guests seeking to remain active while they travel may enjoy exclusive use of the InterContinental Health and Fitness Centre, offering full gymnasium, personal training on request and an heated outdoor pool. Our Concierge possess unrivaled knowledgeable about insider-experiences and unique events around Adelaide and are delighted to assist guests in planning an authentic Adelaide experience. Those travelling to Adelaide on business may make full use of the hotel’s high-speed internet and ergonomic in-room working areas, or may seek assistance from the Concierge for access to our premium Business Centre services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Adelaide Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Adelaide
- InterContinental Adelaide South Australia