Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DavoJW
Melbourne, Australia

I wouldn’t want to stay here in summer!

Review of Hilton Adelaide
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Apr 2024via mobile
Hotel staff and facilities were fine but one of the worst nights in a Hilton hotel for me.

The air conditioning only circulated fresh air - no cooling at all.

I mentioned this immediately after check in - no response.

Mentioned again this morning and was offered a complicated process, set the temp at 22deg, wait 20min, then set to desired temp . . . tried this didn’t work.

At check out I mentioned again - met with a knowing shake of the head. Convinced this is a known problem.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Check aircon early, don’t take no for an answer
Trip type: Travelled on business
David Wain, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review
Responded 2 weeks ago
Dear DavoJW,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us.

I am pleased that you were happy with the facilities and the standard of service you received.

I did note the issues you experienced with your air-conditioning, and I apologise for the discomfort this caused. We are an older hotel, so we are gradually upgrading all the guest areas over time including renovations to the guest rooms.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

AU$237
2.7 km from Hilton Adelaide
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Adelaide
3,046 results
All reviews the executive lounge victoria square collins bar diamond member central market tram stop gouger street junior suite around the corner lobby bar valet parking an upgrade room service buffet breakfast bit dated hotel is in a great location across the road
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2024

Location, location, location -- this has to be the best location in Adelaide! Not too far north nor south. Not too much traffic, but just enough with easy access east and west of Adelaide also, and so close to the airport! The market, the multicultural hub, banks, restaurants, the CBD, impeccable transport, the free tram, and so much more, add to the wonderful location.

At the Adelaide Hilton, each department is special. The reception, the concierge, the coffee and bar section, the restaurants, the IT Manager, the reservations, the Executive Lounge, the cleaning crew, and more, are all well resourced and accessible. The security is great also. This hotel is an international brand with a "home grown" feel.

However, let's face it? What makes a hotel? It is the staff. They must be the best trained staff anywhere! Mostly knowledgeable, courteous, helpful, flexible, if you care to stop and chat during a quiet moment, you will discover a down-to-earth, friendly, and multicultural team. From an absolutely professional and smiling Nepalese Front Office Manager, to a dapper, quick-witted Indian restaurant manager, and a totally amazing Turkish hostess in the Lounge, to a very caring Filipina room service provider, and the wonderful Aussie who has been a concierge and remembers all the names going back many years; these are the tip of the iceberg, as I can honestly say they make one's stay memorable, and there are dozens of them.

The rooms are quite nice, and yes, some can use some updates, but they are clean, the beds are comfortable, and you can catch the best sunrises or sunsets depending where you are facing.

The Hilton Adelaide is all about the staff!! Thank you everyone. I have been here almost a month, and I am very thankful. I have been coming here over the last 14 years. I am very loyal :)

Room tip: Meet the staff. Enjoy the location. Try the amazing coffee bar & the lounge downstairs late at night! The Coal restaurant has the best food!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
David Wain, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear terit444,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and thank you for your continued loyalty.

We are certainly in a prime location on Victoria Square next to the Central Markets and Chinatown and within walking distance to the shopping areas and I am pleased this has suited you.

We do pride ourselves on providing a professional and friendly service and I am delighted that the entire team have made you feel so welcome during your long stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another positive experience.

Reviewed 14 April 2024

I note a few of the negative reviews. We were booked in as Mr and Mrs Gill and celebrating a very special occasion. While it is not perfect, but if you bring up any issue to the hotel, they respond immediately. We had a problem on our first night with the noise from the air-conditioning in the room. We reported it in the morning and the maintenance guy was there. He could not fix it, he reported an we had to change rooms and guess what no issues in the new room . Slept like a log.

All services are fantastic. Concierge’s were great, especially Liam.

We had two dinners at their restaurant, Coal Grill. The steaks are great.

Special mention also to Mark Percy at reservations.

What we experienced was the moment you walk in to the hotel they greet you with a smile. Any request is met.

We will be back again next year in April and are looking forward to another week at the Hilton Adelaide.

Mr and Mrs Gill

Room tip: Just book and enjoy your stay
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David Wain, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2024

Dear Mr and Mrs Gill,

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for choosing Hilton Adelaide for your special occasion.

I did note the issues you had with the air-conditioning, and I apologise for the disturbance. I am pleased that the team were helpful with offering an alternative solution.

We do have a great team that strive to ensure our guests feel welcome and I am delighted that Liam, Mark and the Restaurant team looked after you well during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed 13 April 2024 via mobile

Booked two nights as mother is hospice. Had to check out early to go spend the night in hospital with her and girl at fro t desk offered to go and see if she could take off the nights only to return with a no from manager. This was after waiting mins at front counter to be served. Have stayed there many times before as honours members and they’ve been great usually. Obviously a different management team who have no empathy and just like toying with their guests. Disgusting

Room tip: Avoid going there while this management team is there
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Peter,

I appreciate your feedback.

I am so sorry to hear of the difficult situation you are currently in, and I apologise that you found the service on this occasion to be insensitive.

Unfortunately, at the time of your check-out the team was not fully aware of the circumstances of your early departure and therefore did not offer a discount. Now that we are aware we would like to offer a 50% discount on the second night of your stay. Please allow a couple of days for this to be processed.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2024

We stayed here for our 44th wedding anniversary as we have stayed at Hilton hotels but never in Adelaide.
On arrival we were stuck in our car waiting to get a place to stop and park up as we had chosen valet parking. There were cars honking behind us as there was a long queue waiting to get to the front of the hotel.
Once we got into the hotel there was a queue waiting to book in at reception. There was only one staff member on and the wait time was 15 minutes to get our room key.
The room was upgraded to a junior king bed suite, as we are members. It was a nice size and had a view overlooking the Victoria Square. Our room also had the extra benefit of access to the Executive Lounge. We were told on arrival that there were drinks and pastries available in there and to enjoy. We went to the lounge and there were drinks both hot and cold but no pastries, they had all been eaten. We sat and had a coffee and took time to unwind, we did think that the pastries would be replenished but not to be.
We had booked already booked our meal so did not make use of the restaurant on site. We had chosen to eat early at 5pm the reason being the Executive lounge on Hilton website said it was open from 6pm to 8 pm for canapés and cocktails thus giving us time to arrive back and have a couple of relaxing drinks. This however was not the case. On arriving back at just turned 6.30pm we were told that the lounge canapé and cocktail closes at 7pm. This was very disappointing.
We were given the option of paying $10 extra for a hot breakfast or else have a continental breakfast which was included in the price. We went with the continental and it was very nice. However it was quite noisey and very busy and crowded.
On checking out we had another 20 minute wait as once again only one person at reception and also had to wait 15 minutes for the car to be bought round.
Never been at a HiltonHotel quite like this.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David Wain, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2024

Dear 114chrisw,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I apologise for your disappointment on your recent stay with us.

We have been running very high occupancy levels and I do apologise for the delays you experienced. Due to our location, we do have limited space and the entrance to the hotel can get congested at times. I understand the frustration you experienced, and I apologise for any stress caused. Manning levels are monitored very closely depending on occupancy levels and we certainly always roster more than one team member at Reception. I apologise that they were busy elsewhere resulting in check-in delays.

I did note your confusion regarding the opening hours. The hours are not listed on our website, so I am unsure of where you saw this however, to clarify, the lounge is open from 6pm to 8pm and canapes are available from 5pm - 7pm.

I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2024

The Hilton brand has been markedly degraded. I assume they have consciously repositioned themselves to the budget-business end of the market, but are continuing to disingenuously maintain the idea that they are a luxury brand. This they are not. It's the same story with Hilton Australia-wide. There is so much more value for money at the click of your mouse.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
David Wain, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2024

Dear wadelaube,

Thank you for your feedback.

I did note your disappointment in the standard of the hotel on this occasion and I apologise that it wasn't what you expected. We have completed some large renovations to the public areas over the last couple of years and refurbishments to the guest rooms are coming soon.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future to enjoy the planned upgrades.