Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Hilton
Earn Hilton Honours Points
Sophie
London, United Kingdom
Staff really working hard to give good customer experience
Review of Hilton Adelaide
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Sept 2023
We are one week into a 2.5 week stay and yes the decor in the hotel is tired. It’s probably reflected in the rate, which is reasonable. I notice a few reviews mention poor customer service but we’ve had fantastic people looking after us since we’ve been here, both at the front desk (warm and prompt welcome and check in), housekeeping (17th floor always greeting us politely and wishing us a good stay) and in the exec bar (Selva is so kind and goes out of her way to look after us.) Franco from concierge actually ran after us down the street on a hot day to deliver a recommendation on good local coffee (Cracked) after they didn’t have a suggestion at hand when we asked. Very impressed.

Beds, pillows and sheets are excellent. Location is EXCELLENT. reasonably priced excellent food is around you and Rundle Mall is a 10 min walk.
Date of stay: September 2023
    AU$226
1.5 km from Hilton Adelaide
View more hotels in Adelaide
3,045 results
All reviews the executive lounge victoria square collins bar diamond member central market tram stop gouger street junior suite around the corner lobby bar valet parking an upgrade room service buffet breakfast bit dated hotel is in a great location across the road
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2023 via mobile

Rather dated hotel but good location right next to Adelaide Central Markets with a good breakfast buffet.
Derek and everyone at concierge/bell desk were incredible - witnessed them helping everyone walking through the door.
Huge contrast to Omar at the front desk who was extremely arrogant and rude not just with us but others we saw checking in whilst we were waiting in the lobby. Being Hilton Diamond members as well we asked a basic question such as when the room is expected to be ready and was advised by Omar no idea we’ll text/email you once it’s ready… head back at 3.30pm and room is ready with no notification.
With staff like this it should be rebranded to a Doubletree by Hilton as definitely not up to Hilton standards.

Room tip: Avoid Omar at front desk!
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2023

Dear Altomatum,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are an older hotel and therefore projects are in place to upgrade the guest facilities looking forward. We are fortunate to be next to the Central Markets and I am pleased you enjoyed the food options available. We do have a great team and I am delighted that Concierge were helpful during your stay however, I did note your disappointment with the service provided by our Reception team and I apologise that you found them rude. This was certainly not their intention and please rest assured this will be shared with the Front Desk Manager to ensure the team are more professional. I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2023

Downtown but yet close to the airport, the Hilton Adelaide lives up to the expectation of the Hilton brand. The room was large, comfortable as well appointed. The view into Victoria Square was very attractive, especially at night. The staff was amazing, in particular the concierge team who helped us arrange transportation to a local vineyard on short notice. The prepared multiple options for us to select from and gave us a much needed umbrella for the Adelaide rain. We enjoyed dining and drinking in the The Collins Bar. I t was a comfortable place to relax, people watch and play cards. The happy hour drinks were delicious, but expensive.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2023

Dear Giant_Stride_SCUBA,

I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable and you were happy with the view of Victoria Square. We do have a great team and I am pleased that Concierge looked after your transportation requirements during your stay. Our dining and bar options offer a great place to relax at the end of the day and I am delighted that you enjoyed this space.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2023 via mobile

Arrived at 9 am on a Saturday morning and there was no bell service. Was asked to pay $120 for a room upgrade (2 nights) if I want early check-in. When I got to the room, I was very surprised to see stained and torn sheets. The room safe also had a non-functioning “5” digit. Not what I would expect of a Hilton.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2023

Dear dlim328,

I appreciate your constructive feedback.

Check-in time is 3pm therefore there is an extra charge to arrive at 9am. I apologise that Concierge were busy with other guests on your arrival. I was surprised to hear of the standard of your bedding. Please rest assured this will be investigated further by our Housekeeping Manager. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I apologise that your stay wasn't to the standard that you expected.

Reviewed 9 August 2023

Where do I start
I am a Hilton Gold member.
On arrival we were not noticed the lack of attention from front desk staff set this trip up.
The hotel has a ramp and a set of steps before reaching the foyer and front desk.
Many mornings I noticed guests arriving in taxis and the lack of a concierge, doorman or someone to help them was a despairing sight.
It must be a new thing to only have a doona cover rather than a full set of sheets for a bed.
Mind you I am not tall but to have the doona only reach my chest is uncomfortable unless you are in the tropics, and this time of the year we are not in the tropics.
It seems that you are only allowed a single bottle of water on arrival. Not a good thing when you have booked for 6 nights.
I ordered a Caesar Salad, well coming from the hospitality industry (an industry that I love) and have served on the floor and in the kitchen I was let down by the quality and standard of the pathetic offering.
Old lettuce turned dark brown, crispy bacon from Breakfast maybe (gosh you hope)
The room felt Old and dated but still comfortable.
Breakfast I only had the continental and that was acceptable and up to standard. The restaurant staff were excellent and I give them my congratulations especially the coffee makers.
Location is excellent.
Would I buy coffee there yes highly recommend.
Would I book again NO.
Overall a memorable stay for the wrong reasons.
Management may need to visit the Brisbane Hilton for a change.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony V

Dear 17174MDanthonyv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.

I did note your disappointment with the service provided from Front Desk. We do roster on team members according to our expected arrivals however, this is not always a true indication of the amount of guests that will come through the doors. The bedding set up is Hilton standard and not set by Hilton Adelaide. Extra items are available from Housekeeping on request. As per the Hilton Honors benefits, a bottle of water is provided to Gold members on arrival. We are certainly able to provide extra water for your extended stay however, this will come at an extra cost. I do understand your disappointment with the Caesar salad that you ordered. This is certainly not our usual standard and please rest assured your comments will be shared with the Executive Chef to ensure this is monitored more closely.

We do have a great team in the Restaurant and I am delighted that they looked after you well during your stay. I do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2023 via mobile

Pros:
- staff! Consistent positive service from all staff members. Everyone willing to help and I am impressed by the professionalism of their crew!
- views: between our corporate group, we had 3 different rooms, with really nice views. Whilst the central market demolition was loud, a great bit of entertainment!

Cons:
- room consonancy! Within our group of 3 separate rooms, I was the unfortunate one to get an old style room. Horrid ceiling, lighting and bathroom. In MASSIVE need of an upgrade
- cleanliness: yuk, just yuk! Long hairs all over the bathroom! Walls, door frame, ceiling…. I don’t get it. I understand the cleaners must be in such tight time schedules… but it’s things like this that would make me never ever book here personally (or recommend it)
- shower curtain. Say no more. Yuk
- wine glasses. One of our rooms was void of wine glasses, and even with 3 calls to the front desk, these weee never delivered. Very annoying! It’s your job. people!!! However, on the flip side of this, on night #2, we requested 4x champagne glasses that were delivered very promptly! Thank you- only negative here is they brought up white wine glasses. Nothing to get too upset about.

Overall enjoyable time, but some seriously let downs in cleanliness and follow through. Your staff are super friendly, so hats off to them! Thank you for having us!

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tjtrops

Dear tjtrops,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am pleased that you found the team friendly and professional and you enjoyed the views from your rooms. I did note your comments regarding the standard. With large groups we are not able to always place everyone in the same room type. This does depend on occupancy levels and I apologise for your disappointment in this regard. I understand your concern with the cleanliness of the rooms and I apologise for this oversight. Your feedback will be shared with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure more care is taken. I also understand your frustration with your request for champagne glasses and I apologise for the delays you experienced. I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards