Lowest prices for your stay
AU$183
Auckland, New Zealand

Hit and miss

Review of Hilton Adelaide
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Sept 2023via mobile
Rather dated hotel but good location right next to Adelaide Central Markets with a good breakfast buffet.
Derek and everyone at concierge/bell desk were incredible - witnessed them helping everyone walking through the door.
Huge contrast to Omar at the front desk who was extremely arrogant and rude not just with us but others we saw checking in whilst we were waiting in the lobby. Being Hilton Diamond members as well we asked a basic question such as when the room is expected to be ready and was advised by Omar no idea we’ll text/email you once it’s ready… head back at 3.30pm and room is ready with no notification.
With staff like this it should be rebranded to a Doubletree by Hilton as definitely not up to Hilton standards.
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: Avoid Omar at front desk!
Trip type: Travelled with family
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review
Responded 26 Sept 2023
Dear Altomatum,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are an older hotel and therefore projects are in place to upgrade the guest facilities looking forward. We are fortunate to be next to the Central Markets and I am pleased you enjoyed the food options available. We do have a great team and I am delighted that Concierge were helpful during your stay however, I did note your disappointment with the service provided by our Reception team and I apologise that you found them rude. This was certainly not their intention and please rest assured this will be shared with the Front Desk Manager to ensure the team are more professional. I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Fully refundable
  • CrownePlaza.com
1.1 km from Hilton Adelaide
View more hotels in Adelaide
3,045 results
All reviews the executive lounge victoria square collins bar diamond member central market tram stop gouger street junior suite around the corner lobby bar valet parking an upgrade room service buffet breakfast bit dated hotel is in a great location across the road
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2023

Downtown but yet close to the airport, the Hilton Adelaide lives up to the expectation of the Hilton brand. The room was large, comfortable as well appointed. The view into Victoria Square was very attractive, especially at night. The staff was amazing, in particular the concierge team who helped us arrange transportation to a local vineyard on short notice. The prepared multiple options for us to select from and gave us a much needed umbrella for the Adelaide rain. We enjoyed dining and drinking in the The Collins Bar. I t was a comfortable place to relax, people watch and play cards. The happy hour drinks were delicious, but expensive.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2023

Dear Giant_Stride_SCUBA,

I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable and you were happy with the view of Victoria Square. We do have a great team and I am pleased that Concierge looked after your transportation requirements during your stay. Our dining and bar options offer a great place to relax at the end of the day and I am delighted that you enjoyed this space.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2023 via mobile

Arrived at 9 am on a Saturday morning and there was no bell service. Was asked to pay $120 for a room upgrade (2 nights) if I want early check-in. When I got to the room, I was very surprised to see stained and torn sheets. The room safe also had a non-functioning “5” digit. Not what I would expect of a Hilton.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2023

Dear dlim328,

I appreciate your constructive feedback.

Check-in time is 3pm therefore there is an extra charge to arrive at 9am. I apologise that Concierge were busy with other guests on your arrival. I was surprised to hear of the standard of your bedding. Please rest assured this will be investigated further by our Housekeeping Manager. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I apologise that your stay wasn't to the standard that you expected.

Reviewed 9 August 2023

Where do I start
I am a Hilton Gold member.
On arrival we were not noticed the lack of attention from front desk staff set this trip up.
The hotel has a ramp and a set of steps before reaching the foyer and front desk.
Many mornings I noticed guests arriving in taxis and the lack of a concierge, doorman or someone to help them was a despairing sight.
It must be a new thing to only have a doona cover rather than a full set of sheets for a bed.
Mind you I am not tall but to have the doona only reach my chest is uncomfortable unless you are in the tropics, and this time of the year we are not in the tropics.
It seems that you are only allowed a single bottle of water on arrival. Not a good thing when you have booked for 6 nights.
I ordered a Caesar Salad, well coming from the hospitality industry (an industry that I love) and have served on the floor and in the kitchen I was let down by the quality and standard of the pathetic offering.
Old lettuce turned dark brown, crispy bacon from Breakfast maybe (gosh you hope)
The room felt Old and dated but still comfortable.
Breakfast I only had the continental and that was acceptable and up to standard. The restaurant staff were excellent and I give them my congratulations especially the coffee makers.
Location is excellent.
Would I buy coffee there yes highly recommend.
Would I book again NO.
Overall a memorable stay for the wrong reasons.
Management may need to visit the Brisbane Hilton for a change.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony V

Dear 17174MDanthonyv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.

I did note your disappointment with the service provided from Front Desk. We do roster on team members according to our expected arrivals however, this is not always a true indication of the amount of guests that will come through the doors. The bedding set up is Hilton standard and not set by Hilton Adelaide. Extra items are available from Housekeeping on request. As per the Hilton Honors benefits, a bottle of water is provided to Gold members on arrival. We are certainly able to provide extra water for your extended stay however, this will come at an extra cost. I do understand your disappointment with the Caesar salad that you ordered. This is certainly not our usual standard and please rest assured your comments will be shared with the Executive Chef to ensure this is monitored more closely.

We do have a great team in the Restaurant and I am delighted that they looked after you well during your stay. I do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2023 via mobile

Pros:
- staff! Consistent positive service from all staff members. Everyone willing to help and I am impressed by the professionalism of their crew!
- views: between our corporate group, we had 3 different rooms, with really nice views. Whilst the central market demolition was loud, a great bit of entertainment!

Cons:
- room consonancy! Within our group of 3 separate rooms, I was the unfortunate one to get an old style room. Horrid ceiling, lighting and bathroom. In MASSIVE need of an upgrade
- cleanliness: yuk, just yuk! Long hairs all over the bathroom! Walls, door frame, ceiling…. I don’t get it. I understand the cleaners must be in such tight time schedules… but it’s things like this that would make me never ever book here personally (or recommend it)
- shower curtain. Say no more. Yuk
- wine glasses. One of our rooms was void of wine glasses, and even with 3 calls to the front desk, these weee never delivered. Very annoying! It’s your job. people!!! However, on the flip side of this, on night #2, we requested 4x champagne glasses that were delivered very promptly! Thank you- only negative here is they brought up white wine glasses. Nothing to get too upset about.

Overall enjoyable time, but some seriously let downs in cleanliness and follow through. Your staff are super friendly, so hats off to them! Thank you for having us!

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tjtrops
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2023

Dear tjtrops,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am pleased that you found the team friendly and professional and you enjoyed the views from your rooms. I did note your comments regarding the standard. With large groups we are not able to always place everyone in the same room type. This does depend on occupancy levels and I apologise for your disappointment in this regard. I understand your concern with the cleanliness of the rooms and I apologise for this oversight. Your feedback will be shared with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure more care is taken. I also understand your frustration with your request for champagne glasses and I apologise for the delays you experienced. I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 June 2023 via mobile

The Hilton Adelaide, lived up to the Hilton Brand reputation.

Checkin was seamless and full of friendly conversation, i was soon on the way to my room.
Being on Floor 18, i had fabulous views of the city.
My room was spacious,clean and comfortable.
Bathroom was a good size, with plenty of towels etc
Breakfast was plentiful, with so much choice and all very fresh and delicious.
All staff that i interacted with (especially the breakfast crews) were all super friendly and helpful.
The one thing,in my opinion, that Hilton do well, is their App.
Almost everything can be done through the App, it can even be your room key, there is a chat function as well, which is responded to in a timely manner.
Great location with the Central Markets a 5 min walk away, and a tram stop right opposite.

I will certainly stay here again if i return to SA.
Thankyou for helping make my solo short stay pleasureable.

Room tip: There is valet parking available for a fee
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2023

Dear Lisa,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am so pleased that you were happy with your room and the standard of service you received. We do have a fantastic team and I am pleased they were friendly and helpful. We are certainly in a prime location next to the Central Market and within walking distance to the shopping areas and I am pleased this suited you. Our Executive Chef and his team create a delicious breakfast buffet using fresh local ingredients and I am so pleased that you found the options suitable. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Yours Sincerely