Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dennis
Singapore, Singapore

Hilton Adelaide can do better

Review of Hilton Adelaide
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Aug 2023via mobile
Arrived at 9 am on a Saturday morning and there was no bell service. Was asked to pay $120 for a room upgrade (2 nights) if I want early check-in. When I got to the room, I was very surprised to see stained and torn sheets. The room safe also had a non-functioning “5” digit. Not what I would expect of a Hilton.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review
Responded 14 Aug 2023
Dear dlim328,

I appreciate your constructive feedback.

Check-in time is 3pm therefore there is an extra charge to arrive at 9am. I apologise that Concierge were busy with other guests on your arrival. I was surprised to hear of the standard of your bedding. Please rest assured this will be investigated further by our Housekeeping Manager. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I apologise that your stay wasn't to the standard that you expected.

AU$204
Room service
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Adelaide
3,046 results
All reviews the executive lounge victoria square collins bar diamond member central market tram stop gouger street junior suite around the corner lobby bar valet parking an upgrade room service buffet breakfast bit dated hotel is in a great location across the road
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2023

Where do I start
I am a Hilton Gold member.
On arrival we were not noticed the lack of attention from front desk staff set this trip up.
The hotel has a ramp and a set of steps before reaching the foyer and front desk.
Many mornings I noticed guests arriving in taxis and the lack of a concierge, doorman or someone to help them was a despairing sight.
It must be a new thing to only have a doona cover rather than a full set of sheets for a bed.
Mind you I am not tall but to have the doona only reach my chest is uncomfortable unless you are in the tropics, and this time of the year we are not in the tropics.
It seems that you are only allowed a single bottle of water on arrival. Not a good thing when you have booked for 6 nights.
I ordered a Caesar Salad, well coming from the hospitality industry (an industry that I love) and have served on the floor and in the kitchen I was let down by the quality and standard of the pathetic offering.
Old lettuce turned dark brown, crispy bacon from Breakfast maybe (gosh you hope)
The room felt Old and dated but still comfortable.
Breakfast I only had the continental and that was acceptable and up to standard. The restaurant staff were excellent and I give them my congratulations especially the coffee makers.
Location is excellent.
Would I buy coffee there yes highly recommend.
Would I book again NO.
Overall a memorable stay for the wrong reasons.
Management may need to visit the Brisbane Hilton for a change.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony V
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2023

Dear 17174MDanthonyv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.

I did note your disappointment with the service provided from Front Desk. We do roster on team members according to our expected arrivals however, this is not always a true indication of the amount of guests that will come through the doors. The bedding set up is Hilton standard and not set by Hilton Adelaide. Extra items are available from Housekeeping on request. As per the Hilton Honors benefits, a bottle of water is provided to Gold members on arrival. We are certainly able to provide extra water for your extended stay however, this will come at an extra cost. I do understand your disappointment with the Caesar salad that you ordered. This is certainly not our usual standard and please rest assured your comments will be shared with the Executive Chef to ensure this is monitored more closely.

We do have a great team in the Restaurant and I am delighted that they looked after you well during your stay. I do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2023 via mobile

Pros:
- staff! Consistent positive service from all staff members. Everyone willing to help and I am impressed by the professionalism of their crew!
- views: between our corporate group, we had 3 different rooms, with really nice views. Whilst the central market demolition was loud, a great bit of entertainment!

Cons:
- room consonancy! Within our group of 3 separate rooms, I was the unfortunate one to get an old style room. Horrid ceiling, lighting and bathroom. In MASSIVE need of an upgrade
- cleanliness: yuk, just yuk! Long hairs all over the bathroom! Walls, door frame, ceiling…. I don’t get it. I understand the cleaners must be in such tight time schedules… but it’s things like this that would make me never ever book here personally (or recommend it)
- shower curtain. Say no more. Yuk
- wine glasses. One of our rooms was void of wine glasses, and even with 3 calls to the front desk, these weee never delivered. Very annoying! It’s your job. people!!! However, on the flip side of this, on night #2, we requested 4x champagne glasses that were delivered very promptly! Thank you- only negative here is they brought up white wine glasses. Nothing to get too upset about.

Overall enjoyable time, but some seriously let downs in cleanliness and follow through. Your staff are super friendly, so hats off to them! Thank you for having us!

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tjtrops
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2023

Dear tjtrops,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am pleased that you found the team friendly and professional and you enjoyed the views from your rooms. I did note your comments regarding the standard. With large groups we are not able to always place everyone in the same room type. This does depend on occupancy levels and I apologise for your disappointment in this regard. I understand your concern with the cleanliness of the rooms and I apologise for this oversight. Your feedback will be shared with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure more care is taken. I also understand your frustration with your request for champagne glasses and I apologise for the delays you experienced. I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 June 2023 via mobile

The Hilton Adelaide, lived up to the Hilton Brand reputation.

Checkin was seamless and full of friendly conversation, i was soon on the way to my room.
Being on Floor 18, i had fabulous views of the city.
My room was spacious,clean and comfortable.
Bathroom was a good size, with plenty of towels etc
Breakfast was plentiful, with so much choice and all very fresh and delicious.
All staff that i interacted with (especially the breakfast crews) were all super friendly and helpful.
The one thing,in my opinion, that Hilton do well, is their App.
Almost everything can be done through the App, it can even be your room key, there is a chat function as well, which is responded to in a timely manner.
Great location with the Central Markets a 5 min walk away, and a tram stop right opposite.

I will certainly stay here again if i return to SA.
Thankyou for helping make my solo short stay pleasureable.

Room tip: There is valet parking available for a fee
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2023

Dear Lisa,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am so pleased that you were happy with your room and the standard of service you received. We do have a fantastic team and I am pleased they were friendly and helpful. We are certainly in a prime location next to the Central Market and within walking distance to the shopping areas and I am pleased this suited you. Our Executive Chef and his team create a delicious breakfast buffet using fresh local ingredients and I am so pleased that you found the options suitable. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 1 May 2023

Very nice hotel, very clean and superb breakfast. A very nice reception on arrival and the check-in was smooth. We were given a very nice room by the receptionist. A very friendly customer service at all times. The chef particularly was always smiling and said 'hello'. He even made hard boiled eggs when I asked if it was possible. Thank you to the Chef. All staff are smiley and made us feel welcomed and felt at home. Loved our stay at the Hilton hotel.

Room tip: No further comments
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2023

Dear derkk2018,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with the breakfast served in Coal Cellar + Grill. Our Chef team create a delicious buffet using fresh local ingredients and I am pleased this was to your liking. I appreciate your feedback regarding the service you received and I am delighted that the team were friendly and helpful during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2023 via mobile

Good location.
Finally get a Nespresso machine in one of their rooms. Staying in the king junior executive suite. Was on the executive floor the other week and no Nespresso machine. This is now very common place in most hotels especially on the exec floors.
The rooms are a bit out of date. No USB ports and power points located on the floor where they were before mobile phones existed.
Also went to sit in the lounge at 1.30 in the afternoon. Nobody there and was told that we couldn’t bring outside food. Not sure why when at this time of the day they are not serving food. Easier here than back in our room.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rupert Hallam, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2023

Dear karl106,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel convenient and you enjoyed having a Nespresso machine in the suite. I did note your comments regarding taking food into the Executive Lounge. As we are not able to control what people bring in, it is discouraged for the comfort of others. I apologise for your disappointment in this regard.